Round Out Your Party Appetizers
These lemon pepper chicken wings are just one essential party food. Heres a few others youll need for the ultimate appetizer spread.
- Best Ever Guacamole: A bowl of fresh guac always belongs on a party table!
- French Onion Dip: If youve got french onion lovers, this homemade creamy dip will surely be a hit.
- Best Ever Chili: Serve up mini bowls of chili, or use it as a dip with tortilla chips!
- Coleslaw: You can never go wrong with coleslaw. And for those who arent a fan of mayo theyll love this vinegar coleslaw!
- Bacon and Goat Cheese Stuffed Mini Peppers: Who can resist cheesy stuffed peppers with crispy bacon bits?
Theres always a time and place for these crispy air fryer chicken wings. The next time you make them, Id love to hear what you think of them in a comment below!
How To Make Air Fryer Chicken Wings:
**scroll down for full ingredients list and printable directions**
- First prep the chicken wings.
- If you have full wings, separate them into drums and flat.
- Make sure they are defrosted.
- Pat them dry completely dry .
- Preheat the Air Fryer at 400 F degrees for 2 minutes.
- Add the wings in a single layer to the air fryer , and cook for 10 minutes at 400 F degrees.
- After the timer goes off, open and carefully flip over the chicken wings.
- Close the air fryer and cook at 400 degrees F for 8 minutes.
- Remove the chicken wings and serve with your favorite side dishes or dips!
What to serve with Air Fryer Chicken Wings:
- Serve with a side of corn on the cob – Instant Pot Corn on the Cobor Air Fryer Corn on the Cob is always a hit!
- Use the air fryer to make Frozen French Fries or Tater Tots to serve alongside the wings!
- A hearty scoop of Creamy Mac and Cheese also gos VERY WELL alongside Chicken Wings!
- Or make a Simple Wedge Salad to go with the wings!
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Frieshave become one of my favorite side dishes! So much healthier than the fried alternative!
- Serve with just celery and carrots and a side of Blue Cheese Dressing – YUM!
Can I bake Chicken Wings?
What type of Air Fryer should I use for this recipe?
Making Chicken Wings In The Air Fryer
Using the air fryer makes these so easy and so fast to make. Remember to not over pack your air fryer. If you need to, cook the wings in batches. This will help the wings all cook evenly. Youll turn these half way through cooking to get them nice and crispy.
Don’t Miss: Gus Fried Chicken Overland Park
How To Make Chicken Wings In Air Fryer
NOTE:This recipe was made using the Cosori Air Fryer. If you’re using a different air fryer, you may need to adjust your cooking time accordingly. Smaller wings will cook faster than larger wings.
These are seriously the best air fryer chicken wings and they’re so easy to make with such simple ingredients.
Air Fryer Chicken Wings Recipes You Should Try
Do you know what to cook today? Here is a collection of 40 air fryer chicken wings recipes that are perfect for any day, game, dinner, or lunch. Share these meals with your family to avoid boredom. This article is especially interesting for those who enjoy chicken wings.
Hopefully, youll find one that youd like to try in your kitchen.
Don’t Miss: Baked Chicken Times And Temp
Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings
Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings are an absolute treat! Make finger-licking good wings that are crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, and drenched in spicy buffalo sauce! Serve with my homemade ranch dressing and celery, and these wings will be better than any youve had at a restaurant!
Are wings totally your thing? Then, youll want to try my Air Fryer Fried Chicken Wings or Air Fryer Barbecue Wings recipe next!
This content contains affiliate links, which help goodfoodbaddie.com to provide free recipes and resources. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you for your support of the blog!
Tips For The Best Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings
Below, find a collection of tips and tricks to help you make the best air fried buffalo chicken wings.
- Pat the wings down of any excess moisture. Before air frying your wings, blot them of any excess moisture with a paper towel. This will help them get ultra-crispy!
- Air fry the wings in a single layer. Although tempting, avoid stacking and crowding the wings in the air fryer basket. The more the hot air can circulate around them, the better!
- Flip the wings halfway through. To ensure all sides of the wings get enough hot air flip them halfway through the first round of cooking. Additionally, you can give the the basket a little shake here and there if you feel like your wings are crisping up as much as youd like.
- Hit the wings with high heat at the end. Cranking up the heat to 400°F at the very end will give the skin the perfect crisp.
- Toss the wings immediately after air frying. Once you pull the wings out, transfer them to a mixing bowl and toss them in the buffalo sauce right away. This will warm the sauce up and ensure it sticks to the hot wings.
- Increase or decrease the cooking time depending on the size of the wings. Wings can come in all shapes and sizes so adjust the cooking time in either direction when necessary.
You May Like: White Chicken Enchiladas Cream Of Chicken Soup
Pineapple & Jalapeo Chicken Wings
There are some very appealing ingredients in this recipe, such as pineapple and jalapeño peppers. This gives these chicken wings a slightly sweet and mild spicy flavor, making them crunchy on the outside and juicy on the inside.
If you want to make these wings, gather your 10 ingredients and, of course, your air fryer.
What Are The Best Wings To Use
Ideally go for organic chicken. For ease its best to choose chicken wings that are already broken down into wingettes and drumettes. You can, of course, buy whole chicken wings but youll have to break them down into the wingettes and drumettes, this keeps the cook time down and ensures even cooking, especially in a smaller air fryer.
Also Check: Jack In The Box Popcorn Chicken
How To Make Perfect Air Fryer Chicken Wings
In total, 30 minutes is how long you cook chicken wings in the air fryer.
- If your wings are especially large or small, you may need to adjust the time by a few minutes in either direction.
Once the wings are air fried, you can toss them in any sauce of your choosing .
But as indicated by the cult following of this Slow Cooker Healthy Buffalo Chicken and the Buffalo Chicken Burgers in my cookbook, the penultimate fan favorite is Buffalo sauce.
What About That Gochujang Sauce
You can use this air fryer technique to cook hot wings and sauce them however you like, but given our current crush on gochujang the earthy-spicy Korean fermented chili and soybean paste we couldnt help but share this sauce with you.
Gochujang is wonderfully balanced: tangy and salty and fiery and barely sweet.
You can use gochujang in a lot of recipes where youd use chili paste or sriracha. I enjoy it in dressings for Korean-style salads a lot. It keeps for ages in the fridge, so you can work away at a tub of it for months.
If you cant find gochujang, try another favorite sauce for chicken wings and use the same air fryer method.
P.S. This sauce recipe is adapted from Molly Stevens recent cookbook, All About Dinner.
Don’t Miss: How Hot To Grill Chicken
Bourbon Honey Chicken Wings
If you want to make this style, youll need 10 ingredients, including bourbon, apple cider vinegar, BBQ sauce, honey, and others. This recipe, as we can see, is a variation on the BBQ chicken wings. So, if you enjoy BBQ sauce, you should try these.
As a result, if you know how to make BBQ wings, youll find this recipe simple the texture is also similar and delicious. At your table, youll love these sticky, sweet, and juicy chicken wings.
The Recipe Calls For 6 Ingredients I Almost Always Have On Hand
When marinated, the chicken has the perfect flavor combination of ginger, sesame oil, soy sauce, and honey.
For the sauce, I recommend using minced ginger from a tube because it makes prep work that much easier.
It’s also important to prep the marinade the night before and let the chicken sit overnight in the fridge it really helps infuse the flavors.
Doing this work in advance makes life easier when it’s time for dinner, all you have to do is pop the chicken into the air fryer.
If you have a few spare minutes and want to take this dish to the next level, you can take the leftover marinade, reduce it in a saucepan, and use it as a dipping sauce. It’s also great drizzled over rice.
1 1/2 pounds of chicken drumsticks
3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
Salt and pepper
Read Also: Easy Low Carb Chicken Recipes
Common Questions About Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings
Can I use dry rub?
Yes! You can add more flavor to the chicken wings by seasoning them with dry rub before air frying.
Can I use drumsticks instead of chicken wings?
Yes, but drumsticks take longer to cook in the Air Fryer so I recommend increasing the cooking time to 25 minutes.
How to store leftover chicken wings?
Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
What is the BEST Air Fryer?
I always recommend the Cosori Air Fryer, as I love its large square basket, and its quite powerful with a great design.
Air Fryer Asian Chicken Wings Are The Crispiest Glazed Wings Ever Done In Less Than 20 Minutes You’ll Never Make Wings Another Way Again
The air fryer is an appliance that basically takes cooking to another level…an easier and faster method for everything. These Air Fryer Asian Chicken Wings not only take a fraction of the time of baking, but they get so crispy you’ll think they are fried!
Using the air fryer allows these wings to get super crispy without actually frying them, saving tons of fat and calories. My regular Air Fryer Chicken Wings is the most popular chicken wing recipe on the internet! Once you try this method, you will never cook wings another way.
Serve these with Air Fryer French Fries or One Pot Spicy Thai Noodlesfor the perfect meal! Want to spice it up? Try these Air Fryer BUFFALO wings!
Making these Air Fryer sticky wings could not be easier!
You May Like: How Long Do You Grill Chicken
Tips For The Best Wings
Theres always a catch. For this recipe to be worth it, you cant crowd the air fryer drawer.
Cram in too many wings and they steam. Theyll still be edible, but one bite and youll learn why steamed wings are not a thing.
It sounds crazy, but the baking powder works on the skin to help it brown and get a bubbly-crackly texture similar to the results youd get from deep-frying. Youll need to plan ahead, but the tiny bit of extra effort is worth it. Give it a shot!
Air Fryer Chicken Wings Recipe:
Chicken wings in the air fryer is brilliant and you will be making chicken way more often if you try them in the air fryer. The forced circulating hot air makes the skin super crisp which is difficult to achieve in a conventional oven and the center is perfectly cooked, tender and juicy.
Air fried chicken wings cook time is just 16 minutes . Theres no need to preheat an air fryer which makes this the fastest crispy chicken wings recipe.
Read Also: What Temperature To Cook Chicken Legs
Cherry Chipotle Chicken Wings
The next chicken wings are smoky and sweet. Despite the presence of chipotle, these are not as spicy as you might think. Some people use ketchup to make them sweet. If you want your appetizers to be spicier, simply leave out the ketchup.
These cherry chipotle wings are made with 12 ingredients and will result in sticky and juicy finger-linking wings. Always keep in mind that adobo chipotle is not very spicy and even has a slightly sweet flavor, so adjust the rest of the ingredients accordingly.
What Are Some Good Sides For Buffalo Wings
Creamy dressing plus carrot and celery sticks are the BEST side dishes for Buffalo wings! This is non-negotiable in our household. Blue cheese or ranch dressing are common dips for chicken wings.
My son doesnt care for blue cheese dressing, so we tend to stick with ranch. You can make the homemade ranch dressing from my air fryer breaded mushrooms recipe, or try Tessemaes Creamy Ranch Dressing for a store-bought shortcut. Primal Kitchen Ranch is an option for those who prefer a dressing that is less creamy with more sharpness from vinegar.
Also Check: 5 Brothers Chicken And Waffles
How I Chose These Air Fryer Chicken Wings Recipes For You
I dont have oodles of chicken wing recipes of my own to share with you. So, I did precisely what Ive done with many of my other popular recipe collections: I turned to the best sources out there â other terrific food bloggers.
I asked 100s of them to share their best air fryer chicken recipes with me, so I could share them with all of you.
From there, I whittled the list down, debating and meticulously scouring all the recipes. I was looking for the very best of the best. The air fried chicken wings I was most excited about, and that I thought all of you would be most excited about, too!
I was looking for a wide range of flavors.
And I was also looking for recipes that were relatively easy, and also pretty healthy .
I hope youll find several recipes on my list that youll love enough to make again and again!
Can I Double The Recipe
Yes, you can double the recipe and make up to 2 pounds of chicken wings at a time, if you have a larger air fryer. I have a 5.5-quart air fryer basket and I find that 1.5 pounds of wings is the max that will fit without them being too crowded to get crispy.
When doubling, air fry for 22-25 minutes, or until the skin is crisp. Make sure you shake the basket at least twice during cooking. With so many wings, you might have to stir them with a spatula instead. Bake time will vary based on the size of your air fryer basket and the size of the wings, so be sure to check the temperature of the wings.
Also Check: Wendy’s Apple Pecan Chicken Salad