Reasons To Love Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- First off, it makes cooking chicken very fast. Its far quicker than cooking in the oven or on the stovetop. No more lengthy downtime waiting for your food to prepare.
- Theres minimal mess, too. You can just wash the air fryer basket and whatever you ate with . Plus, if you prep your chicken in the basket, you kill two birds with one stone. Thats it!
- You can get away with a cooking spray. Thats right, any cooking spray is enough to fry your chicken. Because you use less oil, its far healthier than the alternative, and using half the oil will halve your oil budget. Air fryers also use less electricity than most ovens. Its an economical chicken breast, too!
Air Fryer Chicken Breast
Cooking chicken breast in the Air Fryer is SO easy! So next time you crave crispy fried chicken, just follow this recipe and youll have perfectly golden and crispy air fried chicken breast ready in just 10 minutes!
The chicken is cooked to perfection, it turns into a beautiful golden color, and I love how crispy it turns out from the outside, and perfectly cooked and white from the inside. It wont be dry, and it wont take long to cook either.
So whats there not to love about cooking chicken in the air fryer? This is real comfort food here!
How To Fry Chicken In Air Fryer
Looking to cook other pieces of the bird too? We have them all!! From air fryer chicken wings with dry rub to air fryer frozen chicken breast you can find directions on our site.
Remember that you can just rinse, dry, spray oil and sprinkle some seasonings on top to make it. If you are following a low carb keto diet that may be the best option. If youre going all out though for bold flavors this will be your next family favorite!
- Frozen chicken wings in air fryer make for a great side dish or main dinner really.
- Cooking chicken breast in Ninja Foodi with bbq sauce is easy as ever. I love that pot I tell you.
- If you want a really cheap meal you could try air fryer leg quarters. These get overlooked a lot but really you get tons of meat and the brown meat has a lot more flavor than white really.
Of course chicken legs are my kids favorite and yours probably too.
How do you store leftover chicken breast?
Allow the meat to reach room temperature. Then wrap it in foil and store in the fridge for up to a few days. The best way to reheat chicken in air fryer is listed here. Microwave wont cut it yall.
Many times I will serve this with white rice, or just a few different sauces. Fry sauce and bang bang sauce are probably our favorite followed by this mustard dip.
For another idea, we have made air fryer fried chicken thighs as well. Similar to these but with a different cut but just as delicious.
Then sign up for my free newsletter, and !
Read Also: What Time Does Chick Fil Breakfast End
How To Bread The Chicken
You have two options to choose from:
- You could either bread the raw chicken breast in seasoned dried breadcrumbs, along with some oil that is drizzled directly over the chicken. This oil will help the breadcrumbs stick and together they will create that lovely crispy texture to the air fryer chicken breast.
- You could use the traditional way of breading chicken just like our mothers and grandmothers always did, by using the egg and flour method . This is also a good option, but the breadcrumbs method is definitely my favorite.
Whichever way you choose, please make sure to season the coating as thats where most of the flavor comes from.
Reasons Why You Will Love Air Fryer Recipes
- Cooking becomes really quick. If you compare it to cooking the same recipe in the oven, or on the stove then cooking in the air fryer takes less time.
- Its very convenient and it doesnt leave a mess. All youll need to wash after cooking is the Air fryer basket, and it can go in the dishwasher anyway.
- Its quite healthy as you can use just 1 tablespoon of oil if youre air frying chicken, but you will need 2 cups of oil if youre deep-frying on the stove.
- Its economical since you dont need as much oil when compared to cooking on the stove. It also uses less electricity than the oven.
- There are so many things that you can cook in the air fryer oven, you can even bake in it!
You May Like: Chicks In The Office Tour
What Kind Of Air Fryer Is Best
I use a Cosori modelthat Ive had for a few years. I like that the basket is larger than other models.
That being said, even with an extra large basket, you can really only cook 2 average breasts or 2 thin-sliced breast filets at a time. Extra breasts will have to cook as a second round.
The worst thing you can do with an air fryer is crowd it. The food doesnt get crispy and steams rather than fries, which is contrary to the goal!
Basic Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
1. In a small bowl, mix together the oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and oregano. Brush both sides of chicken breasts with oil mixture and set aside.
2. Set the air fryer to 350°F and preheat for 3 to 5 minutes.
3. Place the chicken breasts in the air fryer on the grill plate or basket. Cook for 8 minutes. Turn the chicken over and continue to cook for an additional 5 to 7 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
4. Remove the chicken to a clean cutting board and allow to rest for at least 3 minutes. Slice the breasts into 1/2 inch thick portions. Serve with your favorite sides. Mashed potatoes and sautéed spinach are good pairings.
Also Check: Chicken Bacon Swiss Arby’s
Why This Recipe Works
Since originally publishing this recipe in 2019 it has grown in popularity and if you make it, you will see why! This flavorful breaded chicken breast recipe is quickly becoming one of my most popular healthy air fryer recipes.
- If you’re tired of dry, boring chicken, get ready for the most juicy, moist & extra crispy non-fried chicken you will ever have! No need to marinate this, it’s delicious without any marinade.
- Healthy fried chicken? Breaded air fryer chicken breast is made with no oil, unlike traditional fried chicken, yet still has all of the same crisp and juiciness.
- This recipe is super easy to adapt into tenders, strips or nuggets. You can jazz it up into a Chicken Parmesan or Piccata or even add it to a yummy quesadilla.
- Mark this recipe as a yummy weekly dinner staple! You can serve it with green beans and potatoes or even meal prep it for a week of lunches. This recipe is delicious to eat cold over a salad or warm up for a quick meal.
- The original recipe is super easy to adapt according to your family’s taste preferences or according to what you have on hand! My Air Fryer Chicken Cutlets swap out bread crumbs for cereal!
- This recipe will remind you of the days of seasoned shake and bake chicken on busy weeknights !
- Love this recipe? Be sure to try the Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin recipe!
More Easy Chicken Recipes:
Air Fryer Parmesan Chicken Coated in a mixture of panko bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese, this fried chicken is perfectly crispy on the outside and juicy, tender, and moist inside! Its EASY, ready in 15 minutes, perfect for busy weeknights, and a healthier way to indulge in fried chicken! Oven-baking instructions also provided.
Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets These EASY air fryer nuggets are coated in a mixture of Panko breadcrumbs and grated Parmesan, which makes them EXTRA flavorful and SO CRISPY!! Dip them in this 30-second homemade honey mustard sauce for a guaranteed family FAVORITE!!
Baked Parmesan-Crusted Chicken This Baked Parmesan-Crusted Chicken tastes like its been deep fried, but it hasnt! Even better, its ready in under 30 minutes and is easy to whip up at the last minute.
Baked Chicken Nuggets with Honey Mustard These chicken nuggets are coated in a mixture of Panko breadcrumbs and grated Parmesan, which makes them extra flavorful and crispy! Dunk them in homemade honey mustard or your dipping sauce of choice.
Perfect 20-Minute Oven-Baked Chicken Breasts Super juicy, flavorful, EASY, and tender baked chicken breasts that are ready in 20 minutes and made on ONE sheet pan!! Nothing complicated or fussy about this PERFECT chicken that everyone LOVES!!
Lemon Dijon Chicken Skillet Tender, juicy chicken with a scrumptious sauce made with lemon butter, Dijon mustard, and a splash of wine for extra flavor!!
May 9, 2022//7
You May Like: Buffalo Chicken Dip Instant Pot
Why This Air Fryer Chicken Breast Recipe Works
- Super Easy To Make
- Fried Chicken Without Any Excess Grease
- Juicy, Tender Chicken Breast
- Quick Under 30 Minutes
- DeliciousComfort Food
I could be here for days writing about all of the reasons why you NEED to make this recipe, but Ill try to let it speak for itself. Made with only 6 ingredients this chicken couldnt get any easier! I absolutely love my air fryer because I can enjoy all of my favorite fried bites, whether it be mozza sticks, chicken tenders or fried chicken, without any of that excess soggy grease! Its a win win.
Arugula And Tomato Salad
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups baby arugula leaves
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
Total time: 5 minPrep time: 5 min Serves: 2 people
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon, garlic, shallots, and honey. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Place the arugula and tomatoes in a medium bowl. Add the dressing and toss to coat evenly.
3. Divide the salad onto 2 dinner plates. Top with the sliced chicken and enjoy.
Recommended Reading: Air Fryer Tyson Chicken Tenders
Heres What Im Going To Teach You In This Post:
- The ingredients youll need to make Southern fried chicken in the air fryer
- How to make fried chicken in the air fryer from start to finish
- Specific heating instructions for your air fryer fried chicken thighs, plus directions on reheating fried chicken in the air fryer
I made this recipe using the 5.8 QT Cosori Air Fryer. Its square basket makes it the perfect size for our family of 4.
Pro Tips For Best Air Fried Chicken Breast
For best results follow the below tips!
- No need to brine: Dry rub and optimal cooking temperature and method, will take care of juicy chicken breasts.
- Size matters: I recommend to pick the same size breasts for even cooking when shopping. Also know the weight of each piece to select correct cooking time.
- Cook in a single layer: The air needs to circulate the chicken to get the job done. Overlapping or stacking the chicken will affect the cooking results.
- Theres no need to shake the basket: While flipping can help to yield crispier results, this dry rub chicken breast isnt intended to be super crispy, so leaving it alone will help avoid dry chicken.
- Allow it to rest: Once cooked, transfer the air fried chicken breast to a large foil covered platter and allow it to rest for 5 minutes to allow the juices to settle and redistribute.
Also Check: How To Season Chicken Breasts
Chicken Breasts Came Out Undercooked
Thought you had the right time but your chicken came out undercooked? After checking with the instant read thermometer, if you see temperature is below 150 degrees F, cook it for extra 2 minutes.
It sure is a delicate balance and figuring out the cooking time based on size, your air fryer and personal preferences. It is a matter of practice.
Can I Make Crispy Chicken Breasts Without An Air Fryer
Of course you can make crispy chicken breasts without an air fryer. After all, an air fryer is really just a mini convection oven. So if you have a convection oven, start putting it to use!
Follow my same dredging and breading technique with the panko bread crumbs that I use in this crispy air fryer chicken. Then bake your chicken at 425F convection for about 15 minutes, or until its done.
This Baked Parmesan Panko Chicken is a great recipe to try. And kids and adults alike will love these Baked Chicken Nuggets with Honey Mustard.
If you are looking for something more juicy than crispy, my Perfect 20-Minute Oven-Baked Chicken Breasts are, well, perfect!
Don’t Miss: Cooking Chicken Wings On The Grill
Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
Let me ask you something.
Are you always left with a dry, tasteless piece of chicken every time? Is it tough and chewy because its overcooked? Or, do you have to throw it back in the pan or oven because its not cooked all the way through?
Trust me- I completely understand! I was there once. But now, I have figured out a quick and easy hack when it comes to cooking the perfect chicken breast
All you need is your air fryer! If you need an air fryer, .
Using this cooking method, your air-fried chicken breasts turn out so juicy and tender- not to mention, delicious! This is definitely a must-try.
Why Youll Love Cooking Chicken Breasts In An Air Fryer
- I air fry pretty much everything because its quick and easy .
- This needs just a couple of minutes of prep.
- It takes only a handful of ingredients. Use the seasonings below, your favorite chicken seasoning, or really any seasoning mix.
- The results are incredibly juicy every single time. Hands down one of our favorite 20-minute meals.
- Its great to make ahead for meal prep.
Use this air fryer chicken breast recipe in all kinds of meal prep favorites like chicken burrito bowls or chicken salad. Slice it for sandwiches, serve it over caesar salad. Endless possibilities.
You May Like: California Chicken Cafe Santa Monica
Tips For The Best Air Fried Chicken
Just like any air fryer recipe, there are a few things to keep in mind to make this the most perfect air-fried chicken ever. The most important thing to remember is to know your air fryer. There are so many out on the market now. Yours might be bigger or smaller than mine and so you can cook more or less. Your air fryer might also come with recommendations for cooking fried chicken. Itll be best to follow your manufacturers instructions.
Tips For The Best Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Breast
Panko breadcrumbs: Make sure to use panko breadcrumbs or Japanese-style breadcrumbs, and not traditional breadcrumbs. Panko breadcrumbs are essential to helping your chicken crisp up so dont skip them.
I have lots of recipes that use panko breadcrumbs so make sure to check those out if youre wondering what to do with the rest of your box.
Spray the basket and chicken breasts: When youre getting ready to air fry your chicken, make sure you spray the basket well with cooking spray. I use olive oil cooking spray.
And spray the chicken breasts themselves. This small amount of oil really helps the chicken crisp up as well as take on a nice golden fried chicken appearance. Alternatively, you can use an olive oil mister if you have one.
Make sure not to overcook your chicken: Air frying will give you the taste, texture, and mouthfeel of actual fried chicken. However, its not a miracle worker. If you overcook your chicken, it will still be dry and tough.
If you dont know how to guess or judge when chicken is done, a digital cooking thermometer is essential. Chicken is done at 165F however as I mentioned, I pull mine between 155 and 160F since there is carryover cooking.
Let the chicken rest: After you pull your crispy chicken breasts out of your air fryer, let them rest for 5 to 10 minutes. This helps keep the natural juices in the breasts giving you moister chicken all around.
Read Also: How Long To Cook Chicken Thighs Oven
How To Bread Chicken
How To Make Air Fryer Fried Chicken
Just 10 minutes to prep, 10 minutes to cook, and youve got perfect fried chicken ready to go!
- Soak chicken pieces in buttermilk
- Stir together coating
- Coat chicken pieces in coating
- Air fry until crispy and cooked through
Don’t Miss: Farmland Traditions Chicken Jerky Treats