How Long Should I Let My Chicken Marinade
As this marinade really coats the chicken, you don’t need to let it marinate long. If you’re in a rush, coat the chicken in the marinade right before you turn on the BBQ. Even then, with only 10 minutes to soak up the flavor, it is still delicious.
If you have the time, 2-3 hours is ideal. Just don’t let the chicken breasts marinate longer than 8 hours as the acid from the vinegar will start to break down the meat.
Is This Grilled Chicken Breast Recipe Healthy
It sure is! Chicken breast, which is lean meat, is low in calories and fat and high in protein. This recipe is made without any sugar. Often, grilled chicken recipes will call for sugar in the ingredients. But adding sugar increases the chance of the marinade burning. It’s also totally unnecessary to take a healthy cut of meat and add a bunch of unhealthy sugar. Sugar-free is the way to go!
This recipe is also low-carb, gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo, and Whole30 compliant.
So yes, it’s a very healthy grilled chicken recipe!
Once the weather cools down, make sure to check out our perfect baked chicken breast recipe. It’s the oven baked version of this one and a great way to keep enjoying the flavors of this grilled chicken breast all year long.
The Best Grilled Chicken
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy.
Say goodbye to dry, bland grilled chicken breasts. This recipe guarantees juicy, flavorful chicken every time.
Sometimes in cooking the simplest dishes are the hardest to get right, and grilled chicken is a perfect example. Because boneless chicken breasts are so lean, they often turn out dry, rubbery, and bland. Contrary to popular belief, marinating alone will not save grilled chicken from drying out in fact, its often the marinade that causes the problem!
My technique and marinade ensure tender, juicy, and flavorful grilled chicken every time. You can serve the fillets on their own as a healthy main course , topped with cheese on a toasted bun, or, as I often do, sliced over a Caesar salad. Bonus: the recipe is quick and easy. You do all of the prep ahead of time and you wont even dirty a single bowl.
You May Like: Frozen Chicken Strips In Air Fryer
What To Look For In The Perfect Grill
- Every barbecue needs heat that distributes evenly across the grilling surface. Its very important that the burners cook evenly.
- Pre-assembled. I have put together too many barbecues and they take forever. You want one that is preassembled!
- Easy access to the gas tank. Nothing is worse than needing extra hands to change out the gas tank. Its already a crisis when you run out of propane in the middle of grilling.
- An igniter that wont break. I can honestly say that I have never owned a grill that had an igniter that worked long term. Have you?
- Lights that help you see the food. I have bought a ton of portable lights for barbecues and most didnt work. Actually, many of them worked, but you still couldnt see the food.
- Finally, I need ample storage for tools.
I partnered with Coyote Outdoor Living and am now the proud owner of this 28 C-Series gas grill . In addition to everything I listed above, it has a removable warming rack, fold-down shelving, wheels, and a removable cart. I love it.
Now that I have the perfect Coyote Grill, its time to share the only grilled chicken breast recipe you will want to use.
Is Grilled Chicken Healthy
This dish is a healthy choice for all your outdoor parties this summer. It is a good source of protein, and we are using the leanest part of the chicken which is the breasts. Also, grilling helps seal in the flavors and nutrients of the meat and in the process, fats come off.
Lastly, we are using a homemade marinade for this one, which is a lot healthier than what you can find in your grocery stores.
Don’t Miss: Tyson Buffalo Chicken Strips Air Fryer
Grilled Chicken Recipes To Make This Summer
The best grilled chicken recipes go hand in hand with summer. Picture your first backyard party of the season: flavorful chicken is charring on the grates, your cooler is stocked with adult beverages, your friends are awkwardly transitioning from sneakers to sandalswe can almost feel the sun on our skin as we daydream in front of our computers. Lets make it a reality, though, shall we? From coconut-milk-and-chili-paste-marinated thighs to charred drumsticks glazed in a savory caramel sauce to the ultimate hot sandwich, these recipes for grilled chicken will keep your barbecue working hard from Memorial Day through Labor Day . So make sure you have the right tools and get grilling.
How To Make Ahead
- whisk the marinade together in an airtight container up to 5 days ahead of time and store in the refrigerator WITHOUT the chicken.
- Chicken: cooked grilled chicken makes fantastic meal prep or leftovers if not initially overcooked. If you are making the chicken specifically to reheat later then consider slightly under-cooking it because it will cook a little more when reheated.
You May Like: Wendys Hot Honey Chicken Sandwich
Best Grilled Chicken Ever
On the 4th of July grills will ceremoniously light up across the land. People will gather to celebrate this great countrys independence with grilled meat, cold salads, a brew or two and a grand finale of fireworks. Grilling meat and blowing stuff up, we really know how to celebrate!
Grilling meat, especially over a charcoal grill, brings out an amazing depth of flavor in meat. I love grilling. Its a magical thing! Amazing things can happen with some meat, a few simple ingredients and a grill. Its also a great way to get the husband to make dinner.
I have this grilled chicken recipe that will knock your socks off! I dare say its the best grilled chicken recipe ever! I know thats an obnoxiously bold statement but, its seriously pretty amazing. I dont know why I havent shared this recipe sooner. I guess Ive been a little selfish.
The rub is made of garlic, oregano, salt, coriander and achiote for color and some extra smokiness. Its so simple, its stupid. Rub it all over the chicken like youre giving it a Swedish massage. And, throw it on the saunaI mean grill. Is this getting weird? I think I may love this chicken a little too much.
Enough talking about the awesomeness of this chicken. Go make it and judge for yourself. I promise it will become a regular part of your rotation.
Do you have a recipe youre so proud of you dare call it the best ever? What are your plans for the 4th?
- 5 lbs of chicken thighs
How Much Chicken Will This Recipe Make
This recipe will marinate 1 ½ pounds of chicken, however, it is easy to scale up or down to suite your needs. 4 oz. of chicken is the recommended single serving portion of chicken, but this varies depending on the individual and what sides are being served. I would say 6-8 ounces is closer to realistic.
You May Like: Temperature For Grilled Chicken Breasts
Other Frequently Asked Questions
How to make chicken burgers that are juicy, not dry?
The secret to creating a flavorful & juicy chicken burger is a carefully crafted ingredients list. Avoid extra-lean ground chicken & opt instead for 90-93% lean or dark meat, then fortify it with the littlest bit of mayonnaise, sour cream, or full-fat yogurt for extra juiciness & flavor.
What is the best chicken burger seasoning?
We keep it pretty simple: salt, pepper, & Worcestershire sauce. That said, theres an infinite number of ways you can season your chicken burgers, so free to get creative! Be sure to check out the Variations section, above, for inspiration to get you started.
Can I make chicken burger patties ahead of time?
Yep! You can prep the chicken burger patties up to 3 days in advance& keep them in the fridge. Chicken burger patties are also a great freezer staple! Once grilled, store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Refer to the Recipe Notes, below, for more meal prep & storage guidance.
How to grill chicken burgers without falling apart?
How can you tell when a chicken burger is done?
Since theyre on the thicker side, these chicken burgers grill up in about 6 minutes per side. Because poultry burgers dry out so easily, its best to take the guesswork out of the equation the best way to determine doneness is with an instant-read thermometer. The chicken burgers are ready to pull from the grill as soon as they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Feel Free To Customize Easy Chicken Burger Variations
Buffalo Chicken Burgers. Once flipped, lightly brush the surface of the chicken burger patties with your favorite buffalo sauce. About 2 minutes before theyre done grilling, load em up with a good handful of blue cheese. Bonus points if you top it off with a thinly sliced celery salad!
Teriyaki Chicken Burgers. Replace yellow onion with finely sliced green onions & swap Worcestershire with teriyaki sauce for built in savory-sweetness. As the burgers grill, glaze them with more teriyaki sauce & serve with lettuce, tomato, & a little bit of mayo a plate lunch-style treat thatll transport you right to Hawaii!
Barbecue Chicken Burgers. Dust the chicken burgers with BBQ dry rub, then baste them with your favorite BBQ sauce as they grill. Top with your favorite slaw & serve with grilled corn delicious!
Chicken Caesar Burgers. Swap out mayo with your favorite Caesar dressing. Serve topped with a big Caesar salad with plenty of ground black pepper & shaved parmesan!
Greek Chicken Burgers. Add a heaping teaspoon of dried oregano to the chicken burger mixture, & double the garlic while youre at it. If you have a lemon, add in some zest, too. Serve the Greek chicken burgers with a quick tzatziki& Greek-style salad of tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, red onion, & feta.
Recommended Reading: Recipes With Shredded Chicken Breast
How To Reheat Grilled Chicken
Brush the meat with olive oil, wrap it in foil, and then, place it in the baking sheet. Preheat the oven to 350 °F, and bake for about 5 minutes until reheated. Alternatively, you could reheat leftovers in the microwave. Simply, heat it up in the microwave for about 2 minutes, or until fully reheated.
What to do with the leftover?
There are plenty of choices to make with leftover grilled chicken. A few examples are Chicken Carbonara, Chicken Parmesan Casserole, and Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole.
What Temperature Should Chicken Be Cooked To
Chicken breasts and chicken tenders are done via any cooking method when they register 165 degrees F on an instant read thermometer.
Chicken thighs and legs are safe to eat when their internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F but they are juicier and more tender when cooked to 170-175 degrees. F. Chicken thighs contain more connective tissue than chicken breasts which takes longer to break down. Cooking them to a higher temperature will ensure that the dark meat becomes even more tender and juicy verses chewy and rubbery.
Don’t Miss: Recipe For Chicken Kabobs On Grill
Easy Grilled Chicken Marinade Ingredients
This easy grilled chicken marinade is made with a balance of savory, tangy ingredients and a unique spice blend for an oomph of effortless complex flavor. You will need:
- Chicken: boneless chicken breasts pounded to an even thickness or chicken thighs.
- Olive oil: use quality extra virgin olive oil for the best flavor.
- Soy sauce: grounds the marinade it will not give the chicken an Asian vibe. Use reduced sodium soy sauce so we can control the salt.
- Balsamic vinegar: adds a subtle, complex fruity, sweet tanginess. Use Balsamic Vinegar of Modena I.G.P. for the best flavor like this one. Grape must should always be the first ingredient followed only by vinegar.
- Lemon juice: brightens the flavor profile. Freshly squeezed is best but you can get away with bottled because its just a splash.
- Brown sugar: balances the soy, balsamic and lemon juice and helps caramelize the chicken as it cooks. Use light brown sugar for rich sweetness.
- Dijon mustard: adds a depth of tanginess. I promise it wont make your grilled chicken taste like mustard!
- Seasonings: dried oregano, dried basil, dried thyme, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes inject the grilled chicken marinade with a rainbow of flavor.
The Best Chicken Burgers Start With A Smart Ingredients List
Note: Full ingredients list & measurements provided in the Recipe Card, below.
You need just 5 ingredients to make absolutely stellar ground chicken burger patties, & theyre all super simple staples that you probably already have in your kitchen
- Ground chicken Of course! The secret to an irresistibly juicy grilled chicken burger is using the right ground chicken. It needs a decent fat content, otherwise, the burgers will dry out. Look for at least 93% lean ground chicken, though if you can find 90-92%, thats even better! If purchasing from your grocery stores butcher counter, ask for ground chicken thigh or dark meat.
- Onion & garlic I like to grate the onion & garlic into fine pieces that mix throughout the chicken burger patties evenly without disrupting the overall texture. Grated aromatics mix into ground chicken seamlessly, whereas larger diced pieces can lead to crumbling or falling apart on the grill.
- Mayonnaise The littlest bit of mayo is the secret to an insanely juicy & flavorful chicken burger. Dont skip it, but if youd like to swap it with something you might already have on hand, an equal amount of sour cream or full-fat yogurt also works well.
- Worcestershire sauce My favorite little umami bomb for adding tons of rich flavor to burgers.
Don’t Miss: Gus Fried Chicken Overland Park
Grill The Bacon And Chicken
Serious Eats / J. Kenji López-Alt
First, yes, there is bacon in this thing, and yes, that is partly why it’s so good. It’d still be good even without the bacon, but let’s be real, chicken is chicken and bacon is bacon and that’s all there is to it.
To grill the chicken, I used Josh Bousel’s rock-solid method. First, he quickly pounds the breasts to flatten them, which guarantees that they cook evenly. Then he brines them for 30 minutes, which helps keep them juicy despite the dry heat of the grill. You can use those 30 minutes to get other things ready, like making the green sauce and preheating your grill.
Serious Eats / J. Kenji López-Alt
To grill the bacon, I borrowed Kenji’s clever method, which involves flipping the thick-cut rashers right on the edge of a two-zone fire. That way, they’re exposed to just enough heat to get crisp, but not so much that they blacken from flare-ups caused by excessive dripping grease.
I added one step when grilling the chicken, brushing them with an avocado-jalapeño-cilantro green sauce just a minute or two before they come off the grill. If there are any readers out there who know more about Colombian burgers than I do, I can’t claim this sauce is authentic or correct. I can claim that it’s really tasty. The last-minute brushing quickly cooks the sauce onto the breasts without burning it, but don’t worry, we’ll add some more fresh sauce later.
A Nicely Done Piece Of Steaming Hot Grilled Chicken With Its Tantalizing Aroma And Mouth
- Aashna Ahuja, NDTV
Grilled Chicken Recipes- A nicely done piece of steaming hot grilled chicken with its tantalizing aroma and mouth-watering flavour is really hard to resist. We can all agree to the fact that grilling is probably one of the best ways to cook meat, especially when it comes to chicken. The smoky flavours make it an ideal canvas for playing around with sauces and you’ll be able to do exactly that and a lot more with these exclusive grilled chicken recipes we’re about to share with you.Chicken is also the most versatile of all meats, opening up numerous options to experiment with flavour profiles. The process of grilling may seem like a tedious task at first glance but it is actually quite easy. Most of it depends on the marinade, so take your time while you prepare it and marinate the chicken with it. Another important factor to keep in mind is the temperature. If the heat is too high, the skin will burn before the meat can cook. If too low, the skin ends up flabby. But fret not cooking grilled chicken at home is not a herculean task. With these kitchen hacks, you’ve got nothing to fear.
Read Also: How To Make Fried Chicken Sandwich
Why You Want To Make This Grilled Chicken Breast
- This is the juiciest grilled chicken ever. truth!
- And tastiest. also true!
- The wet spice rub give it tons of flavor.
- Lean chicken breast is a healthy protein option. Learning how to cook them on the grill so they don’t dry out will make your dinners healthier and tastier.
- They are low-carb, gluten-free, paleo, and Whole30 compliant!
How Long To Marinate Chicken:
- At least 1 hour
- No longer than 2 days
If Im using a ziptop bag, I place it on a half sheet pan in the refrigerator for at least an hour, but hopefully overnight so the chicken has plenty of time to soak up all that goodness.
Every few hours, Ill turn the bag from one side over to the other to keep the chicken coated with the marinade.
Also Check: Roscoe’s House Of Chicken ‘n Waffles Menu