The 30 Best Chicken Noodle Soup Recipes
Looking for something cozy on a chilly night, or maybe feel like youre coming down with something? Youve come to the right place! These are some awesome Chicken Noodle Soup Ideas..
This collection of easy Chicken Noodle Soup Recipes has thirty great variations on your classic childhood comfort food.
Forget the can, homemade is so much better! And you can customize it with whatever flavors youre craving that day.
Cook your way through these thirty amazing chicken noodle soup recipes, theyre sure to be hits with you and your family!
Campbell’s Chunky Classic Chicken Noodle
Firmly in the middle of our rankings, it’s Campbell’s Chunky Classic Chicken Noodle soup. Campbell’s introduced its Chunky line of soups in the 1970s, to wild success . It’s easy to see why. The soups are ready-to-serve rather than condensed. They seriously are very chunky, with lots of heft and weight to both the ingredients and the broth. Plus, they’re an easy lunch for when you want something lower in calories than, say, fast food, but still hearty enough to keep you full through the afternoon slump.
When it comes to Campbell’s Chunky Classic Chicken Noodle soup, while the ingredients might be quite similar to what you’ll find in Progresso’s Chicken Noodle Soup, there are a few key differences. The broth, for one, is thicker, and extra ingredients like chicken fat, chicken skins, and vegetable broth make for a flavor reminiscent of what you’d find in a homemade broth, one that had been simmering on the stove all day, cooking away a roasted chicken carcass and your vegetable scraps. Of course, you do pay for all that flavor. This soup includes more fat, cholesterol, and calories than its Progresso counterpart .
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
Ive been traveling around latelylike a lot. Its been really hard to get back in the swing of things this week but I took some time to rest up and I THINK Im ready to rock. Three cities in two weeks and lots of information to take inand I skipped around NYC with the best of the best from Better Homes and Gardens.
Life isnt too shabby around here lately. But all of that being social does suck the life out of meI love getting out and meeting people but I sometimes wish we could all just hang out on my sofa with fluffy socks, a big blanket and a bucket of buttery popcorn or chocolate chip cookies. Which is about the speed Im moving right now.
On the last few days of my trip, I really was looking forward to coming home and hugging my family. Hanging out in my own housewith my own showermy own shampoo and my My Pillow. And I was so hungry, like famishedlike I lost 5 pounds in two weeks and I knew I had some of the Best Chicken Noodle Soup just waiting for me in the freezer when I got home.
Its the ultimate in comfort foodsup there next to mac and cheese but I really liked leaving those 5 pounds back in New York so I chose the healthier of the two options.
I know most of you know what Chicken Noodle Soup is and probably have some version of it stashed away in your recipe box. The rest of you.if youre like me, you grew up on Campbells Chicken Noodles Soup. Either way, you probably agree with me that its the ultimate comfort food that wont fill you out.
Also Check: How To Make Fried Chicken Sandwich
Pro Tips For Making This Recipe
- The lemon brightens the flavor of the soup. I highly recommend using fresh lemon instead of bottled lemon juice for the best results.
- Avoid overcooking the noodles. Simmer until the noodles are just tender as the noodles will continue to cook in the hot soup.
- Fresh parsley adds a pop of color and flavor to the soup at the end. Other fresh herbs such as rosemary or thyme are a great swap.
- The egg noodles absorb the chicken stock as they sit in the soup, so you may need to add additional stock when reheating. Chicken stock will keep the soup from being watered down compared to adding water.
This Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe Is A Game Changer
Whats so great about making chicken noodle soup from scratch when you could just open a can and call it dinner? Well, aside from the fact that your family will love the way it tastes , you can feel good that youre feeding them a home cooked meal full of the good stuff . Chicken broth, veggies, some dried herbs, a store-bought rotisserie chicken and some egg noodles are all it takes to feed your family a meal full of flavor, nutrition and love. Yeah, you got this!
Recommended Reading: It Doesn T Taste Like Chicken
Looking For Something Else Spicy Chicken Noodle Soup
spicy chicken noodle soup
-If you want a heartier soup, you can add some diced potatoes or cooked rice.
-For a vegetarian version of this soup, you can omit the chicken and use vegetable broth. You could also add some extra vegetables like corn or green beans.
-If you dont have any noodles, you can use diced potatoes or cooked rice.
-If you want a really spicy soup, add more hot sauce or jalapeño peppers.
Nyt Easiest Chicken Noodle Soup
Then, here is the solution you are looking for. Now, you do not need to roam here and there for nyt easiest chicken noodle soup links. Checkout this page to get all sort of recipe page links associated with nyt easiest chicken noodle soup.
Why trust us?
100% Manually Verified Food LinksAll Active URLsLAST UPDATED DATE : 03/06/2022
What is nyt easiest chicken noodle soup?nyt easiest chicken noodle soup is official recipe page/portal. Where you can manage your account and its data. You have the right to make changes in your account and post the latest updates on your wall.
Read Also: Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes Thighs
Chicken Noodle Soup Made From Scratch In Under 30 Minutes
Even as professional food bloggers, there are many nights we struggle with dinner. After all, were only human! Far too often, the kids hunger arrives before a real meal plan does. In those situations, rather than panic or serve PB& J for dinneralthough theres nothing wrong with that, eitherwe often turn to this easy chicken noodle soup recipe. It comes together so quickly and you dont need any fancy or special ingredients. And it uses one of our very favorite short cutsa rotisserie chicken from the grocery store.
How To Make Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup From Scratch
1. Pat chicken dry with paper towels and season with a little salt and pepper on each side.
2. Heat oil in Dutch oven or pot over medium-high heat. Add chicken, skin side down, and cook for about 3-5 minutes. Turn over chicken. We are looking to build a golden-brown color on the chicken and the base of the pan. Dont worry if any skin sticks to the bottom of the pan, because you can scrape it off when we add stock. Cook second side of chicken for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
3. Add marsala, broth, onion, carrot, celery, garlic, thyme sprigs, and bay leaf. Using a wooden spoon, scrape up any brown bits that have formed at the bottom of the pan. Bring to boil, cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer until breasts are cooked .
4. Remove pot from heat and discard thyme sprigs and bay leaf. Using tongs, transfer chicken to plate and let cool slightly. Remove and discard skin and bones. Using 2 forks, shred chicken into bite-size pieces.
5. Return soup to boil over medium-high heat and add broken spaghetti. Cook, uncovered, until pasta is tender, stirring often.
6. Add chicken, dill and lemon juice and cook until chicken is warmed through, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
You May Like: How Long To Cook Chicken Drumsticks In Air Fryer
Tips For The Best Chicken Noodle Soup
To save time, make this chicken noodle soup with rotisserie chicken or leftover chicken that you have on hand. Of course you can roast or pan sauté chicken if youre so inclined.
There are quite a few herbs used including thyme, oregano, bay leaves, and parsley. If you dont have them all on hand, dont want to buy a bunch of thyme for just 1 teaspoon, or arent fond of a particular herb, you can probably omit it. Your soup wont taste exactly like mine, but itll be close.
Make sure to salt your soup to taste. I use low-sodium chicken broth and add a bit of salt to my soup so I can control the overall salt level. The saltiness of low-sodium broth varies among brands, and if you used a rotisserie chicken, salt levels vary. And everyones personal preference for salt varies so salt to taste.
Dont Forget The Spices And Toast Them
Even though were simmering the broth with spices for a few hours, we still like to give all the spices a quick toast before adding to the pot.
To toast the spices, throw them into a dry pan over medium heat, stay close and shake the pan a couple of times to make sure they toast. Youll know when theyre ready when you start to smell them. It only takes two to three minutes.
Don’t Miss: Recipes For Homemade Chicken Soup
More About This Recipe
- If a rose by any other name would smell as sweet, surely chicken noodle soup is warm and wonderful in any language. A world-wide comfort food and widely touted cure-all, chicken soup is known in many languages: ajiaco in Columbia, hønsekødssuppe in Denmark, soto ayam in Indonesia, cappelletti in brood in Italy, sopas in the Philippines and rosól in Poland. If youre intimidated by the prospect of making soup, dont be! Its easy to do and well worth the investment of time. If this chicken noodle soup recipe has you interested in trying more, check out Bettys best chicken soup recipe collection.
What Our Readers Are Saying
If you dont believe that our recipe helps you achieve amazing chicken noodle soup at home, take a look at what our readers are saying about the recipe! More reviews are in the comments section below.
My first time ever making chicken noodle soup and it came out amazing!! Sharon
My new go to recipe for Chicken Noodle Soup! I made this while visiting family a few weeks ago. Six adults and four kids, everyone LOVED it. twenty thumbs up! Haley
This soup is so flavorful! Reminds Me of great chicken noodle soups you can only get at a NYC deli. This combination of herbs is what I have been missing in my recipes. Amanda
Recipe updated, originally posted in 2018. Since posting this, we have tweaked the recipe to be more clear and added a quick recipe video. Adam and Joanne
Don’t Miss: Cali Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza
How Do You Make Noodle Soup Better
Sometimes all a soup needs is a little extra salt or pepper, but usually it needs more. Try adding minced garlic or fresh basil, parsley, or rosemary to your soupwhatevers available. Acid is also a great idea. To make canned soup more gourmet, squeeze in some lemon juice or top it with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
Chicken Noodle Soup Sarah Halstead
- Summary: · Delicious homemade chicken noodle soup recipe that tastes very similar to Chick-fil-As chicken noodle soup. I used a lemon pepper
- Matching search results: The key to any good soup is simple, fresh ingredients. The chicken soup seasoning is kept simple, using only salt and pepper and fresh herbs. Aromatics such as garlic and onions provide excellent flavor and vegetables like carrots make it healthy
Don’t Miss: Thai Chicken Salad Cheesecake Factory
The Best Noodles And Condiments
You can buy fresh noodles at Asian markets, which is a nice treat, but dried rice noodles work perfectly as well. Even if you use fresh or dried, never cook the noodles in the broth.
If you do this, the broth will become cloudy. So, cook them in another pot and add the cooked noodles to your bowl just before adding hot broth.
As for condiments, were partial to Thai basil , fresh mint, crispy bean sprouts, a teeny tiny splash of fish sauce, and some Asian chili sauce.
Hoisin sauce is also pretty common, but we rarely add it ourselves it can take over the delicate deep flavor of the broth.
Oh, and while its not a secret make sure you have some freezer space to store some of that extra broth for the best make-ahead meal, ever!
What Is In Chicken Noodle Soup
The ingredients in this soup are simple: chicken, carrots, celery, onions, noodles, broth, and herbs.
- CHICKEN: You can use rotisserie chicken, chicken breasts or thighs, or cook a whole chicken. This is a great way to you leftover cooked chicken.
- BROTH: The chicken broth is the base of this soup. I like to use Better than Bouillon Base with cups of water because of its rich flavor. You could make your own homemade chicken stock if you want or use bone broth.
- VEGETABLES: Carrots, celery, and onion are the classic veggies in chicken noodle soup. Feel free to add your own.
- NOODLES: Homemade egg noodles do not take that long and take this soup to the next level! If youre running short on time, store bought wide egg noodles will work. But the type of noodles matter and homemade make this the best chicken noodle soup recipe. Cooking them al dente makes them delicious!
- OPTIONAL You can use fresh herbs like fresh parsley, fresh dill or bay leaves. You could even add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
Don’t Miss: Recipes For Air Fryer Chicken Wings
Make Ahead And Storing Tips
The soup can be made and refrigerated for 3 to 4 days and frozen for up to 3 months.
If you are not planning on enjoying the soup straight away or plan to freeze it, you might want to hold off on adding the noodles. As the soup sits, the noodles soak up the broth. You can deal with this in two ways:
When reheating the soup, add a bit more broth/stock to the pot. Ive even been known to add a splash of plain water to the soup when reheating. As long as you dont need to add a lot, it wont thin the flavor of the soup too much.
When making the soup ahead of time, for the freshest, least soggy noodles, leave the noodles out then refrigerate or freeze the soup. When you are ready to reheat, bring the soup to a low simmer and add dried noodles. Cook until they are done and enjoy.
Ingredients In The Best Chicken Soup Recipe
The best part isnt just how delicious this chicken soup is, but also how wonderful the anti-inflammatory, cold-fighting ingredients are.
- Ginger: Great for digestion and a powerful anti-inflammatory agent to use in recipes.
- Garlic: Truly the best when youre sick. Garlic is full of anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Thats why we use 6 cloves of garlic in this soup. Thats right, youre going to sick this colds ass.
- Turmeric: Super trendy and very good for you. Best when consumed with a black pepper to help for optimal absorption. This recipe calls for fresh turmeric .
- Chicken: Were packin this recipe with protein too and guess what? The chicken actually cooks in the soup broth, leaving it tender and making it easy for you!
- Fresh herbs: Rosemary & thyme add additional flavor in this recipe.
- Pearl Couscous: Besides the veggies, the couscous is really the star because it helps to thicken the broth and keep the soup hearty. Youll want to use pearl couscous in the recipe. It just provides the perfect texture for the soup. This is what pearl couscous looks like. I also know that they sell it at most Trader Joes and Whole Foods.
Recommended Reading: Recipe For Baked Chicken Tenders
The Easiest Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
Chicken noodle soup is one of the fondest memories I have of my grandmothers cooking.
Classic, comforting, a cure-all for whatever ailed me, and I could taste my grandmas love in it.
However, my grandmas version took hours and hours. I dont have time to watch a boiling pot for half the day and this version is easy, ready in 30-minutes, and has all the comforting qualities you want in classic chicken noodle soup.
My family loved the homey, classic flavors in the soup, raved about it, and asked when Im making it again. It makes enough to stash half in the freezer for a rainy day or for winter cold and flu season. Chicken noodle soup is a miracle worker.
Best Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
What should I make for dinner tonight? This might just be the number one question that we ask ourselves almost daily over here.
Then you have come to the right place, we have rounded up 15 best homemade chicken noodle soup recipe that we have shared over the years.
Plus, there is such a variety of flavours in these recipes, so you are sure to find something for you. Most of these recipes are quick and easy ones made especially for busy weeknights.
Read Also: Air Fry Thin Chicken Breast
Whats In Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
Healthy and easy, chicken soup is a delicious and wholesome way to get good food into the bellies of your loved ones! Of course, wed all love to have homemade chicken stock and freshly cooked chicken on hand, but sometimes boxed stock and a store-bought rotisserie chicken is the best we can do, and you know what? Thats okay! No one will be the wiser and your sanity will be spared. Here are all the ingredients youll need to make chicken noodle soup:
- Rotisserie chicken from the store