Why Youll Love This Recipe
Pressure Cook For 12 Minutes With Quick Release Pressure
Again, different Instant Pot models or pressure cookers may affect the cook time. Check your chicken to make sure it reaches an internal temperature of 165ºF before shredding. If you vent your pressure cooker at the 12-minute mark and the chicken is not fully cooked, you can simply reseal and cook for another minute or two.
Buffalo Chicken Dip Instant Pot
- 1 lb chicken breast, uncooked
- 1/2 12 ounce bottle Franks RedHot Buffalo Sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Ranch Dressing Mix packet
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Additional 1/4-1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- Sliced Green onions
Add hot sauce, water and ranch dressing packet to the Instant Pot and mix.
Add chicken and cover with the sauce.
Put lid on, set to sealing and cook on manual high pressure for 12 minutes. If you are using frozen chicken, set it for 20-25 minutes .
Once timer goes off, let it naturally release the pressure for 10 minutes and then quick pressure release the rest.
Shred chicken. I did it directly in the pot, but you could remove it to shred.
Once chicken is shredded, stir around to make sure its covered.
Add cream cheese and shredded cheese mixture and mix until everything is combined and creamy.
Change the Instant Pot to sauté and stir until desired consistency.
At this point, you could either:
- Serve it as is
- Place in an oven-safe dish
- Or use an Air Fryer lid.
If you want to use an Air Fryer lid, sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top and cook at 400 for about five minutes.
If you want to put it in the oven, heat your oven to 350 degrees, pour the dip into an oven-safe dish, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, and bake for ten minutes. Broil for one.
Top with sliced green onions and serve with your choice of dippers.
Also Check: Cook Temperature For Chicken Breast
Directions To Prepare The Buffalo Chicken Dip Instant Pot:
1. Place chicken and 1 cup water into the instant pot. Place lid on the instant pot and seal shut.
2. Close the pressure release valve.
3. Set the instant pot to manual, high pressure for 10 minutes.
4. When the cooking cycle is complete, quick release pressure and open pot.
5. Carefully remove chicken from pot and place into a large mixing bowl. Discard liquid.
6. Use 2 forks to shred chicken and return to pot.
7. Add sauce, cream cheese, ranch seasoning, and water. Mix well.
8. Press sautee on the instant pot and stirring constantly, mix until cream cheese is melted and dip is hot.
9. Spoon into a small bowl or dish and serve with crackers or chips.
Makes 3 cups.
How Long Is Buffalo Chicken Dip Good For
If you let it cool for at least 15 minutes so its at room temperature and then transfer to a covered dish that is best. Keep in the fridge for up to 3 days. You could sprinkle some crumbles of blue cheese on top when reheated to enjoy it again, that gives it another great kick of flavor.
Ready to give this easy recipe a whirl now?
Want to make this into more of a meal to enjoy? Make our Instant Pot buffalo chicken soup sometime!
Printable recipe is available for you to download below. If you add other items of YUM to the mix let me know so we can try it on the next go around!
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with or visit my Etsy shop?? Take a peek and see how many you might already havetwinsies!
Recommended Reading: Alfredo With Chicken And Broccoli
Vegetarian Buffalo Chicken Dip
Of course you can make this without meat as well if youd rather. I mean I think that is the best part but if you are serving several different audiences you might want two choices. Use the same recipe posted below but without the protein.
Ready to serve this up as a game day appetizer? Follow our quick and easy dip recipe below. Full ingredient list and instructions at the bottom but here is a quick rundown:
- Put all ingredients in your pot except the shredded cheese & I only half of the diced green onions. I would start with 1/4 cup of milk. You can add more later to thin it out or make it less spicy.
- Close your lid and seal the steam valve. Set to high pressure for 0 minutes. As soon as it comes to pressure and beeps do a quick release for the steam and lift the lid.
- Stir, taste, add more milk if you want to tame down the heat or thin it out. Pour into serving bowl and sprinkle shredded cheese and diced green onions on top to garnish.
- Serve when cheese is melted with crackers and celery sticks.
You could also leave it right in your pot for serving up or transfer to a prettier dish. OR transfer to the inner liner of your slow cooker and place your glass lid for that on the top to keep warm. That is a bit prettier than the inside of this metal pot. Set it to keep warm and people can enjoy this for several hours while your party is taking place.
The Best Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
Have you ever made buffalo chicken dip crockpot? You know how creamy and delightful that is, but you have to wait all day for the dip to be ready to serve.
The Instant Pot cuts down the cooking time, so you have a faster dip that can be served up, without losing any quality in flavor. To be honest, the Instant Pot locks in so much flavor, it tastes better than a slow cooker version.
This buffalo ranch chicken dip is one easy appetizer that is a breeze to make. Best of all if you forgot to sit out chicken, that is okay!
You can make this dip with frozen or thawed chicken. If you use frozen, just increase the cooking time. I did use thawed chicken this go-around, I actually remembered to set some out! Go me.
Recommended Reading: How To Make Crispy Chicken Tenders
Red Hot Buffalo Chicken Dip
You will want some kind of hot sauce for this. There are several brands out there that are quite popular. Of course you will likely find a store brand on the shelf as well, many times they are quite similar but cheaper. If you want to use the red hot brand you can find it here.
There are usually a variety of heat levels too, so keep that in mind when choosing. They typically vary from mild to out of this world very spicy. I am more of a medium kinda gal, and want to actually taste the flavors vs. my tongue being on fire. Choose whichever you wish.
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Dip Instant Pot
Get full ingredients list and instructions from the recipe card below.
Note: Cooking time does not account for the time it takes for the Instant Pot to come up to pressure or for the pressure to release.
Recommended Reading: Safe Cooked Temperature For Chicken
Why Youll Love This Quick & Easy Ip Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe:
- PERFECT FOR A CROWD: This recipe will easily serve 10, so its an ideal option when you are hosting.
- QUICK AND EASY: Let your Instant Pot do all of the hard work! This is ready to serve in a fraction of the time!
- SIMPLE INGREDIENTS: You just need a handful of basic ingredients to make this delicious hot chicken dip.
If you are looking to impress a crowd, I guarantee you are going to do it with this tasty buffalo chicken dip!
Expert Tips & Faqs For Making Buffalo Chicken Dip In Crock Pot
- We recommend a 1.5 quart crock pot for this recipe, but if you double it make sure to use a 3 quart crock pot.
- If you dont have any cooked, shredded chicken on hand simply substitute that with 2 cans of chunk chicken that has been drained. I will warn you that this will tend to break apart a lot when you cook it, so its not the best option. I love having Crock-Pot shredded chicken in my freezer so I can make this dip any time I want!
- If you prefer blue cheese with your hot sauce instead of ranch simply substitute a blue cheese dressing for the ranch in this recipe!
- I prefer Colby-Jack cheese for this recipe, but in a pinch any shredded cheese will do! Remember its best to use a block of cheese and shred it yourself because it will melt much better than the pre-shredded cheese!
- If you want to kick this dip up a notch add some more of the hot sauce. I started with a 1/2 c. but feel free to adjust depending on your taste preference. You can add buffalo sauce after it cooks if you want to adjust the level of spice.
Can you Make Buffalo Chicken Dip in an Instant Pot?Can Buffalo Chicken Dip Be Made Ahead of Time?
Yes, this dip can be prepared in advance to save time the day of your party. Prepare as directed but dont bake. Cover and store in the refrigerator. When you want to serve it bake it as directed. It may take a few extra minutes since it is cold when you start.
How Do I Fix Runny Buffalo Chicken Dip?
Also Check: White Chicken Enchiladas Cream Of Chicken Soup
Trader Joes Buffalo Chicken Dip
If you have bought a tub of this at the grocery store and heated it at home, its pretty good. Making it fresh at home though is another animal. I think the biggest difference is the consistency and texture of the meat.
Sitting in the sauce on the shelf makes it much softer and comes in small shredded pieces. I like larger chunks, and fresher.
You can see our leftovers here. It is a great next day, I dont want to throw this meat away, treat or make it on purpose with a rotisserie chicken. If you go this route you can make two dishes..this and our Instant Pot chicken and rice for dinner too.
If you want to make a version with mayonnaise instead of cream cheese, follow our dairy free buffalo chicken dip recipe instead.
Then you will want things like crackers, celery sticks, small cuts of carrots, pretzel rods and sliced bruschetta for serving. You could use a ladle when its done to serve some inside small ramekins with these items on individual charcuterie boards. Everyone will get a real kick out of that for sure!
What To Do If You Get The Burn Notice
The dreaded burn notice is everyones least favorite part of cooking with the Instant Pot. If you put your liquid in first, this shouldnt be a problem, but nothing is perfect and from time to time I get the burn notice when cooking.
Luckily, this recipe doesnt take long to heat up and melt the cheese, so if you get the burn notice go ahead and release the pressure and open the lid. Then stir everything around to distribute the heat. Most likely, it will be fully cooked and ready to go. If it still needs a little time, you can set it to saute and let it finish heat up that way.
If you love cooking with your Instant Pot as much as we do, we highly recommend getting a ceramic inner pot for your Instant Pot. It virtually eliminates the burn notice, which is a great perk and makes it worth every penny!
Don’t Miss: Tyson Anytizer Chicken Fries Air Fryer
Shred The Chicken In A Separate Bowl And Add Cream Cheese To The Instant Pot
The recipe card below includes nutrition facts for both fat free and reduced fat cream cheese. Fat free cream cheese is an elusive thing, but I can always find it in HEB or Walmart.
Its hard to notice any major differences in the finished buffalo chicken dip, and youll cut the fat and save 40 calories per serving with the fat free. If you have trouble finding fat free, Trader Joes has a great light option that I used to make my Cheesy Chicken Cowboy Caviar Dip.
You can also make the buffalo chicken dip dairy free by using a plant based cream cheese. My buffalo chicken chili and bang bang chicken dip use Kite Hill, which has similar macros to reduced fat cream cheese.
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- It takes just 20 minutes to make! Its the fastest method to creating this crowd-pleasing dip. I love throwing this quick recipe together when Im entertaining, but am short on time.
- It all comes together in the Instant Pot! Lets face it, one pot meals are the best. And this Instant Pot buffalo chicken dip is no exception!
- Its creamy, cheesy, and loaded with flavor! Spicy hot sauce, zesty ranch dressing, and three different kinds of cheese make this dip totally irresistible.
Read Also: New Wendy’s Chicken Sandwich
Join Us Fortasty Perks
Sign up now for free access to a huge library of Hidden Valley® Ranch recipes and Ranchology Rewards perks.
Have an account? . Dont have an account?
Create an account to receive these Hidden Valley® benefits.
Sign back in to access your recipe tools.
Already have an account?
If not, become a Ranchology Rewards member to receive awesome perks:
Sign back in to access your recipe tools. Dont have an account? Create an account
Whoops. Something went wrong. Please come back later.
What To Do With The Leftovers
- How long does buffalo chicken dip last in the fridge? Store the leftovers in an air-tight container the will keep for 3-4 days.
- FREEZE Allow the dish to cool and add it to a freezer-safe container. Cover the container in a layer of plastic wrap before securing the lid. It will keep in the freezer for 3 months. When youre ready to serve, defrost it in the fridge overnight and bake as directed.
- REHEAT You can easily reheat the dip in the microwave. I recommend warming it for one minute, giving it a quick stir and warming it for another minute. You can also reheat all the leftovers in the oven. Be sure to cover the dish in foil, then bake for 15 minutes in the oven heated to 350° F | 176° C oven.
- REPURPOSE Make nachos or use the dip to top roasted potatoes. Fill romaine lettuce or a tortilla with the leftovers and create a buffalo chicken wrap. Add the filling to Hawaiian rolls and make buffalo sliders.
Read Also: Air Fry Frozen Chicken Tenderloins
How To Store Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Refrigerate Buffalo chicken dip within 2 hours and eat within 3 to 4 days.
- To freeze Buffalo chicken dip, place it in an airtight freezer container and freeze for up to 3 months. Defrost frozen dip in the refrigerator overnight.
- To reheat in the microwave, place the dip in a microwave-safe dish, then heat for about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
- To reheat in the oven, place the dip in a small baking dish and cover with foil. Bake in a preheated 350 F oven until warm throughout, about 20 minutes.
Can I Make This Recipe In The Oven
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F | 176° C and combine ingredients in a mixing bowl.2. Empty the mixture into a baking dish top with cheddar cheese and bake for 10 minutes.3. Garnish with scallions and extra bleu cheese crumbles to serve.
SEARCHING FOR MORE LIKE THIS?
If you love this recipe, we hope you will try one these tasty appetizers!
- Toasted Baguettes
You May Like: Grilled Chicken Sandwich Mcdonald’s
The Most Delicious Rewards Program On The Planet
Its easy to earn rewards: Just keep doing what youre doing checking out recipes, reviewing them and sharing.
- Top Recipes
Hidden Valley Ranch is committed to making its website accessible for all users, and will continue to take all steps necessary to ensure compliance with applicable laws.
If you have difficulty accessing any content, feature or functionality on our website or on our other electronic platforms, please call us at 1-877-853-7262 so that we can provide you access through an alternative method.
Learn how ranch love conquered the world.