Microwave Buffalo Chicken Dip
by Irena | 1 May 2022 | Easy Appetizer, Easy Recipes
This microwave buffalo chicken dip is the perfect appetizer for any event! The spicy dip recipe is made with shredded chicken, hot sauce, ranch dressing, and lots of cheese. Its quick and easy to make, ready to serve in 15 minutes, and a game day favorite.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase. Learn more
Some Tips For Preparing And Making This Dip Recipe:
More Delicious Cheese Appetizer
These tasty recipes have everything you love about cheese in every bite! Theyre delicious, cheesy, and, most importantly- easy to make!
Country Hill Cottage Ltd. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This means that we may earn a small commission from some of the links in our posts. Learn more
You’re welcome to link to Country Hill Cottage or use a single image with a brief description to link back to any post. Republishing posts in their entirety is prohibited. Feel free to pin on Pinterest!
Recommended Reading: Tyson Anytizer Chicken Fries Air Fryer
Buffalo Chicken Dip: Faqs
What to eat with buffalo chicken dip?
This is one dip that you will want to scoop up, so grab celery sticks, sliced bell pepper, carrot sticks, cauliflower, broccoli, tortilla chips, crackers, pork rinds. You can even top this dip on an avocado for a buffalo chicken stuffed avocado.
Can I use canned chicken?
Yes! This is an easy way to get cooked chicken without having to go through the effort of cooking chicken or peeling chicken off a rotisserie chicken. Use the 9.75 oz can of cooked chicken.
What kind of cheese should I use?
The best kinds of cheese to use in buffalo chicken dip is cream cheese for creaminess, Monterey Jack cheese for meltability and neutral flavor and blue cheese for that punchy flavor to pair with the buffalo sauce.
Can I use hot sauce instead of buffalo wing sauce?
You could but it would be very spicy and not quite the same flavor. I recommend adding a splash of Franks red hot sauce to the buffalo wing sauce if you are looking for more heat.
Read Also: Smoothie Recipes To Lose Belly Fat
Buffalo Chicken Dip Without Cream Cheese
Spicy, gooey, and cheesy, this Buffalo Chicken Dip Without Cream Cheese recipe features all the Buffalo goodness youre looking for without the added richness that comes with cream cheese.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, please read my disclaimer.
You cant go wrong with Buffalo chicken. I especially love this chicken smothered in a dip made with the fiery flavor of Franks hot sauce!
Combined with sour cream, cheddar, Monterey Jack, and tender chicken, this dip is a treat for any occasion.
Can you make Buffalo chicken dip without cream cheese and without ranch? Yes, you can!
You can serve it hot or cold with various sides like fresh veggies, crackers, or tortilla chips. Enjoy it for game day, holiday parties, or while hanging out at home. By cutting out the cream cheese, you also cut out some excess calories. Hello, healthier Buffalo chicken dip!
This recipe calls for minimal ingredients and is easy to make. You dont need any fancy equipment, just a good old-fashioned oven. Youll only need about 30 minutes to prepare this Buffalo chicken dip without cream cheese recipe.
Have an air fryer? Check out these delicious Air Fryer Appetizer recipes!
Read Also: How To Bake Chicken From Frozen
Can You Freeze Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip
Yes, you can freeze it! Its best if you freeze it after mixing everything together but before baking this will help prevent it from separating when its thawed and heated. Put the mixture in a small, freezer-safe container and freeze it for up to three months.
Let it thaw overnight in the refrigerator before baking, or use a freezer-to-oven casserole dish and increase the cooking time.
Other Party Appetizers You Will Love:
- You can omit the chicken and make this a vegetarian Buffalo Cheese Dip
- Skip the bread crumbs for a gluten free keto version
- I made this dip in these wonderful Ciroa bowls – they are super adorable, safe for the microwave and the oven, and they come with a lid which is perfect for transporting the dip to a party or storing leftovers. This recipe makes enough dip for 2 bowls
- Sub Ranch dressing for Blue Cheese dressing if you prefer
Recommended Reading: Cali Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza
How To Make The Best Shredded Chicken
The easiest chicken to use for this dip is a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken. It is quick, easy to shred, and delicious! However, if you want to cook up some chicken breasts, we can give you all the tips for the perfect shredded chicken. You can read our full Guide to Cooking and Shredding Chicken, but we will share a few of our top tips!
- Add a little bit of butter to the pot. This will add flavor and help the chicken turn out really tender.
- Use your stand mixer or a hand mixer to shred the chicken. It is quick and easy! Using a mixer creates smaller pieces which makes dipping easier.
- Any time you are cooking chicken you will want to make sure it is heated through completely. Make sure there is no pink in the middle and an internal temperature of at least 165-degrees.
What Is Buffalo Chicken Dip
This Buffalo Chicken Dip has the same flavor profile of buffalo chicken wings with that signature Franks RedHot original hot sauce. Similar to our Hot Shrimp Dip, or our popular Spinach Artichoke Dip, this dip is cheesy, creamy, spicy and incredible. Its perfect for any party and of course as a game-day appetizer. All you have to do is mix the ingredients and bake .
Don’t Miss: Bbq Chicken Breasts In Oven
Substitutions And Tip And Tricks For Recipe Success
- You can swap out the Greek yogurt for sour cream.
- Even though Franks hot sauce is our favorite, you can use whatever your personal favorite is.
- For a more prominent blue cheese flavor, double the amount of blue cheese.
- Use full-fat mayo instead of light.
- Add in chopped celery with the onion and garlic for extra texture.
Storing And Using Leftover Dip
If you have leftover dip, you can keep it in the fridge and simple reheat in the microwave or in the oven to get the chees melty and gooey again.
Or you can turn this buffalo chicken cheese dip into Buffalo chicken pinwheels! Simple add a little bit more shredded chicken for better texture and spread it on a soft flour tortilla. Roll it up, wrap it in saran wrap and refrigerate for a week, then slice into circle pinwheels and enjoy! These pinwheels make a great party appetizer or snack.
You May Like: Easy Low Carb Chicken Recipes
Recipe Tips And Notes
- Make Ahead: You can mix all the ingredients of the dip together and keep it covered in the fridge for a couple of hours. Just pop it in the oven when your guests arrive for a hot dip.
- Keep it Light: Use low fat cream cheese and greek yogurt to reduce fat and calorie content.
- Top it Off: Top the hot dip with scallions and more blue cheese crumbles for a pretty dip to serve guests.
- Speed it Up: Pick up a rotisserie chicken from the store to save time!
This Creamy Buffalo Chicken Dip Is Incredibly Easy To Make Highly Addictive And The Perfect Appetizer For Your Next Tailgate Party
This recipe combines rotisserie chicken, cream cheese, Bleu Cheese dressing, Franks hot sauce, and cheddar cheese for one incredible appetizer! Its like eating Buffalo Chicken Wings without the mess.
Make this for your friends and family and they will never stop talking about it. Just dont be surprised when they ask you to make it again and again and again. It is THE dip.
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and weâll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
Fortunately for us, its also surprisingly easy to make. Especially when you use store-bought rotisserie chicken
You May Like: How To Make Chicken Jerkey
Why Youll Love This Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe:
- Quick and Easy: All you have to do is combine a few ingredients, bake in the oven, and youre done!
- Creamy:Cream cheese and Greek yogurt combine to create the creamiest, most delicious base for this shredded chicken dip.
- Party Pleaser: Crowds will love this easy dip, that tastes just like buffalo wings . Serve it on game day, or any time you have hungry people around.
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Dip
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
So quick and easy!
Can I serve buffalo chicken dip cold?
Yes, just mix ingredients as instructed, then just store the dip in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Is buffalo chicken dip spicy?
This recipe does include hot sauce, so it should be about as spicy as typical buffalo wings. But you can use more/less to fit your preferences.
How long does this dip keep?
Once made, you can keep this dip in the fridge up to 3 days! Reheat or dip into cold.
How long do you bake shredded chicken dip?
Be sure to bake the chicken long enough to fully heat the dip all the way through. The chicken should be cooked already, but it does need to be heated to 165F.
Don’t Miss: Hello Fresh Italian Chicken Over Lemony Spaghetti
Freezing Leftover Buffalo Chicken Dip
Sure! You can freeze leftover Buffalo Chicken Dip in a sealed container. When you want to reheat it, just remove from the freezer and allow to thaw then add to the microwave to reheat or into an oven safe dish.
This Buffalo Chicken Dip is our #1 Recipe here on All Things Mamma with over 390,000 shares! Its always a hit! If you like Buffalo Chicken Wings, youll LOVE this easy dip recipe!
For more recipes like this, try these next:
Why This Recipe Is Best
Many of us have been eating this Buffalo Chicken Dip at parties for years. But have you tried making it yourself yet?
True confession, it also make a great dinner. Its got all the necessary ingredients, shredded chicken, cheeseand serve it up with some bread and carrots, well, youve got a meal in my book!
This cheesy Buffalo Chicken Casserole is a hearty, flavorful meal.
When it comes to dips and snacks, having something that you know your friends and family will devour is important. I mean, unless you want to be stuck with leftovers .
Todays recipe for Buffalo Chicken Dip is perfect. And addicting.
Its also always gone in minutes. Before it even has a chance to cool down. Youre literally burning your mouth while you eat it, haha!
Don’t Miss: How To Make Breast Chicken
What To Serve With Buffalo Chicken Dip
The great thing about this dip is that it pairs well with just about any crunchy veggie, cracker, or chip. For a light and healthy appetizer, serve the dip with a platter of colorful veggies. Here are a few pairing suggestions:
More About This Recipe
- This Buffalo chicken dip is the ultimate fan food.On any given Sunday during football season, if you show up at our house we will be eating this Buffalo Chicken Dip. I dont usually talk a lot about my husbands job but its intrinsic to the story behind this dip. My husband plays football for the Miami Dolphins and he doesnt eat much before a game because he doesnt want to play a game with a stomach full of food. So when we get home after a game he is beyond starving!I usually prepare most of dinner before the game, but there are always a couple of things I need to finish up before we actually sit down to eat. As soon as we get home, I always fix this quick dip, per his request, to take the edge off of his raging appetite. He snacks on it as he flips through his game that weve recorded to see the highlights of certain plays. Because when youve just spent four hours at a game, the only logical thing to do is come home and watch the whole thing over again. Makes sense, right? Only to a football family I guess.I have to warn you – this dip is NOT pretty. Trust meIve tried hard to make it look nicer but it will forever be better to eat than to look at. Its a dip made with chicken, buffalo sauce, and cheese, and it’s incredibly addicting. So good you won’t even care what it looks like.
- Trademarks referred to herein are the properties of their respective owners.
Recommended Reading: Cook In The Bag Chicken
Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
| Trisha |
Blue Cheese Buffalo Chicken Dip without Ranch, is a creamy and easy oven baked Buffalo Chicken dip recipe with Franks hot sauce, Cheddar, and Crumbled Blue Cheese!
Need a delicious dip that will just be gobbled up by the whole crew? This buffalo chicken dip with crumbled blue cheese and no ranch is a great dip option for parties of any kind!
SEARCH THE RECIPE
What Makes The Best Appetizer And Finger Food Dippers For Buffalo Chicken Dip
- CHIPS: Nothing says love like homemade tortilla chips and since they dont take too long to make up a whole slew of them, I go this route. You can also use bagel bites, torn pieces of french bread, garlic chips and pretzels.
- VEGGIES: For veggies, anything that can be made into a stick makes a great dipper celery, carrots are the most popular.
Connect with Us!
If you try this recipe, please leave a review in the comment section Your review helps others and is appreciated. Make sure you never miss a new side dish recipe by following us on and signing up for our recipe email list!
Don’t Miss: Tyson Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Dip With Blue Cheese
There are only six ingredients in this tasty Buffalo Chicken Dip: cream cheese, blue cheese or ranch salad dressing, wing or buffalo sauce, blue cheese, mozzarella, or Monterey Jack cheese and canned cooked chicken or rotisserie chicken.
When you are ready to prepare this delicious dip, first preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
Add the softened cream cheese to a large bowl and stir until smooth and creamy. Add the dressing, buffalo sauce, one-half cup of the mozzarella or Monterey Jack cheese, the blue cheese, and chicken. Stir to combine.
Place this mixture in a small baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Sprinkle the remainder of the cheese on top.
Bake for 20 minutes, or until the dip is hot and bubbling. Serve immediately with heavy-duty chips or crackers such as Fritos or Triscuits or veggies.
What Kind Of Chicken Should I Use For This Dip
This recipe uses shredded, pre-cooked chicken in it. I recommend rotisserie chicken for the quickest and easiest option. The shredded chicken adds a great texture to the creamy dip and makes it a much heartier appetizer.
If you do want to make your own chicken, try this Crockpot Shredded Chicken, or shred up some thighs for darker meat.
Recommended Reading: Big Jj Fish And Chicken
Oven Baked Microwave Or Slow Cooker
Ive made this Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe all three ways several times. It comes out delicious no matter which way you choose to make it.
It couldnt be any easier to make this recipe. Combine the ingredients, sprinkle extra cheddar cheese on top, then cook until melted and bubbly.
I love that the cheese gets a little browned when you make it in the ovenbut you cant beat the speed of the lightning fast microwave cooking.
Microwave Instructions Cover dip with plastic wrap loosely. Cook on high power for 3 minutes. Stir and enjoy.
Slow Cooker Instructions add ingredients to slow cooker. Turn on high for one hour. Stir and serve.
The slow cooker method is great for keeping the dip warm if youre serving it at a party .