My Soy Sauce Chicken Was Inspired By Taiwanese Chicken Bento Boxes You Find At Train Stations
The chicken is super flavorful and tender, while the skin is crispy. Chicken is marinated in the classic Taiwanese ingredients, soy sauce, dark soy sauce, sugar, five-spice powder, white pepper, and garlic.
Marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes or overnight to ensure the chicken is tender and flavorful.
Ingredients In Butter Chicken:
- Chicken. Classic butter chicken is made with chicken thighs. Chicken thighs are a lot more flavorful than chicken breasts and they can hold up to a long-simmered sauce. Unlike chicken breasts, chicken thighs become super tender and shred really well when theyve cooked for a semi-long period of time.
- Yogurt. Whole-milk yogurt is a classic ingredient in a lot of Indian dishes. Here, we use it to marinate the chicken, since it helps to tenderize it in the process.
- Garlic, onion, and ginger. I mean, is any dish complete without a little garlic and onion?
- Crushed tomatoes. You could also use whole tomatoes and crush them yourself, but buying them pureed already is such a time-saver.
- Lemon juice. I love the acidic bright flavor lemons adds to butter chicken, its a must!
- Heavy cream. A classic component of butter chicken is the cream sauce, and to achieve that, we use a good amount of heavy cream. Its what makes butter chicken so luxurious.
Air Fryer Nashville Hot Chicken
Air Fryer Nashville Hot Chickena healthier, air fryer version of the classic spicy fried chicken you can order when you visit Tennessee. Pin this recipe for later! Air Fryer Nashville Hot Chicken Greg and I visited Nashville a few years ago and were instructed by a friend that we just had to visit a restaurant
Recommended Reading: Bang Bang Chicken Cheesecake Factory
How Long Do You Cook Chicken Breast Strips In An Air Fryer
Cook the chicken: Place chicken strips into the air fryer basket in a single layer, not touching each other if possible. Air fry at 380F for 9-11 minutes, flipping halfway through. Chicken is done when the edges and sides are beginning to turn golden brown and the internal temperature reaches 165F degrees.
Air Fryer Copycat Kfc Chicken
Can anyone say no to KFC chicken? I dont think so, so wouldnt it be great if you could make this iconic dish at home?
There are thousands of copycat recipes claiming to have discovered KFCs secret recipe, but out of the many ones Ive tried, I think this is the one that nailed it.
Dont take my word for it, though! Try it and see for yourself.
Read Also: Air Fryer Chicken Recipes Easy
Faqs About This Air Fryer Chicken Breast Recipe
How long do chicken breasts take in air fryer?
The time chicken breasts take to cook in the air fryer will vary depending on how you prepare them. This recipe pounds the chicken to about ¼ of an inch thick, allowing it to cook quicker.
However, no matter the temperature you cook chicken breasts in the air fryer at, the chicken breasts are done cooking when they reach an internal temperature of 165°F. So, however long it takes for the chicken to reach that temp, is how long they need to cook for.
Can you put raw chicken in an air fryer?
Yes, you definitely can put raw chicken in an air fryer. It’s one of the fastest, easiest, and most consistent ways to cook chicken.
Can you cook frozen chicken breasts in air fryer?
Yes, you can! Making air fryer frozen chicken breasts is just as quick and easy to do.
Just add the seasoning to the chicken before you freeze it. Then coat the air fryer basket with baking spray and cook the frozen chicken at 400°F for about 15 minutes, flipping halfway through. And make sure to check that the internal temperature is at 165°F before serving.
This Recipe Is The Best Air Fryer Soy Sauce Chicken You Will Ever Try And The Best Part Is It Is Also Super Easy To Make
The Air Fryer Soy Sauce Chicken is crispy on the outside, while the meat is super juicy and flavourful on the inside.
Dont say I didnt warn you about how addicting soy sauce chicken is!
Once you find out how simple it is to make Soy Sauce Chicken at home, you will be having this for chicken at least once a week!
You May Like: Top Chews Chicken And Apple Recall
What Is Popcorn Chicken Made Of
Youll need to set up a dredging station with the popcorn chicken ingredients:
- Flour: Put all-purpose flour and salt on a large plate.
- Egg: Whisk one egg with a teaspoon of water in a bowl.
- Seasoned Panko: Toast the panko in olive oil and then mix it with garlic powder, onion, powder, oregano, cayenne , and black pepper on a large plate.
- Chicken: Cut a pound of boneless, skinless chicken breasts into bite-size pieces about the size of a dice and season with salt and pepper.
Juicy Air Fryer Chicken Breasts And More
Lets get the show on the road with something extremely addictive. Chicken tenders are the kind of dish you cant stop eating.
Whether theyre dipped in ketchup, ranch, aioli, or devoured on their own, it doesnt matter.
Chicken tenders are the perfect representation of the phrase, winner winner, chicken dinner.
Imagine all that crispy-fried goodness, but without the oil. Now, you can finally enjoy these ridiculously scrumptious finger foods without the guilt.
Also Check: Easy Chicken Recipes With Few Ingredients
What You Need To Make Healthy Air Fryer Chicken And Veggies
- Chicken breasts: Chopping the chicken breast up ahead of time will make it cook evenly and faster. The bigger the pieces they are, the longer it will take.
- Bell peppers: Chop up your favorite color of bell peppers or a combination of any of them. I love red because they add color and are a little sweeter but go with what you like best.
- Zucchini: Roasting zucchini in the air fryer tastes impressive! You are going to want to cook it this way a lot after you taste it. Yum!
- Broccoli: One thing I love about this air fryer recipe is that you can easily use fresh broccoli or frozen. This is wonderful when you dont have fresh ones on hand.
- Onion: Chop up some onions, and they will add lots of flavor to the chicken and veggies.
- Garlic: The garlic is optional because we are already using garlic powder but it adds so much flavor and is highly recommended!
- Olive oil: When it comes to cooking in your air fryer, you dont need a lot of oil. Its a much healthier option than deep fat frying food the way you get in a fast-food chain.
- Seasonings: I love using a combination of seasonings to add flavor to the chicken and vegetables. Garlic powder, chili powder , salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning are my go-to flavors. However, you could use lemon-pepper, cajun, or anything else you like.
How To Bread Chicken
Any traditional fried chicken recipe can probably also be air fried. It should work.
The one exception might be if you like a very thick breading on your fried chicken. If you double dip your chicken in flour for the coating, its going to be hard to hydrate all that flour in an air fryer, and youll almost certainly end up with floury spots that havent really cooked.
For my air fryer chicken, I like to soak the chicken in buttermilk to give it that classic fried chicken tenderness. Then, I dip it once in very well seasoned all-purpose flour. That provides a nice layer of breading on the chicken, but it isnt so much flour that itll be a problem in the air fryer.
Recommended Reading: Kentucky Fried Chicken Wednesday Specials
Key Ingredients And Tips For The Perfect Soy Glazed Chicken
Meat: Chicken thighs with the bone and skin on are always my preference because they stay more moist when cooking. Chicken breasts will work too, however, I would not recommend this because chicken breasts tend to overcook very quickly and easily.
Temperature: Always bring you meat up to room temperature before cooking. This is a very simple trick that ensures your meat is cooked evenly. I do this for chicken, beef, fish, pork, and really any other proteins.
Dark soy sauce: I put dark soy sauce in the glaze which is completely optional. However, if you want a more beautiful dark color on your chicken then I would recommend adding it.
The Best Air Fryer Chicken Breast
If you want to make the juiciest air fryer chicken breast ever, you’ve come to the right place.
There are so many ways to cook chicken, yet it’s hard to get chicken just right without drying it out.
And that’s why making chicken breast air fryer style – that’s what I like to call it anyway – has become my preferred way of cooking chicken. It’s also probably the quickest way to cook chicken, taking just 8 minutes from start-to-finish.
Not to mention, I think it’s by far the most consistent cooking method – you get ultra juicy, tender chicken that absorbs any seasoning or marinade you put on it when you cook chicken in the air fryer.
Oh, and if you’re not sure what to use, I included my go-to dry rub that packs a ton of flavor with just a few simple ingredients.
By the way, this air fryer chicken is definitely delicious on its own, but you can also use it to make some Chicken Alfredo, a Cobb Salad, or a variety of other dishes.
With that said, my favorite way to eat it is with this Sugar Free BBQ Sauce.
You May Like: How To Make Nashville Hot Chicken
Do I Need Oil To Air Fry My Chicken
Yes! To get the breading stick to the chicken, and get that great crispy texture and delicious flavor, you have to use a little bit of oil. Even if youre making unbreaded chicken breast in the air fryer, I recommend that you use a little bit of oil for better flavor.
I normally use olive, canola, or vegetable oil to air fry chicken.
Easy Chicken Pakodi Recipe
Chicken Pakodi or Chicken Pakora is a delicious crispy fried chicken snack or appetizer that is popular in India. The only problem with many of the recipes I came across for crispy chicken pakodi is that the ingredients were not very accessible for the average American. I changed up the recipe with common ingredients that you can find at Smiths or Winco or Walmart. The result was a delicious crispy on the outside and tender on the inside bite of chicken with an Indian flare.
My son and I popped them into our mouth with smiles on our faces and only wished there was more! Sorry to my daughter and husband who never even got to try a bite. I guess I will have to make this chicken again tonight! Alas!
Read Also: Roscoe’s House Of Chicken ‘n Waffles Menu
Tips For The Best Juicy Air Fryer Chicken
- Olive Oil: This helps to crisp the skin and helps the spices and herbs to adhere to the meat.
- Space: Make sure you create room between the chicken breasts to ensure even cooking. Dont overcrowd. Cook in batches if you need to.
- Check: Check the temp earlier than you think so you dont accidently over cook the chicken. Appliances can vary so go by temperature of your chicken to ensure its done.
- Rest: Let the Chicken rest before cutting into it. About 5 min at least. This allows the juices to reabsorb into the chicken instead of spilling onto your plate.
- Spices: Mix it up depending on your menu. You can use Mexican spices, BBQ spices and sauce, Indian spices etc. Whatever your menu calls for this is a quick delicious way to cook your chicken.
- Moist: Want to make sure your chicken is super moist and tender? Try marinating or brining your chicken for even greater juiciness and flavor.
Can You Use Turkey Bacon In Place Of Pig Bacon
If you want to cut down on some of the fat and grease, turkey bacon is a good option to use. However it wont get as crispy as regular bacon does and also youll need to secure it with some toothpicks since its not as pliable as pig bacon. It also doesnt have much far you will need to add a tablespoon of oil to the chicken as well.
You May Like: Any Tizers Popcorn Chicken Air Fryer
For Best Results Freeze Popcorn Chicken Uncooked
More Bacon Wrapped Recipes Made In The Air Fryer
Check out all our > > > Air fryer Recipes!
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer yummed and dont forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Love it? Pin it!Then follow Air Fryer Yum on Pinterest for more deliciousness!
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Sign up for our yummy newsletter and Follow along on , , and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? Weve got you covered. Check out our helpful > > > Air fryer Resources!
Shop all air fryers and air fryer accessories at
Air Fryer Yums Pro Tip! Air fryer temperatures may vary depending on size, make and model. When making a recipe for the first time, start with less time, check for doneness then add more time as needed.
Read Also: Cooking Chicken Wings In Oven
Air Fryer Orange Chicken
1M+ ViewsAir FryerChineseMain DishesRecipesTastier Than Takeout
This Air Fryer Orange Chicken recipe is for those who love the taste of the crunchy chicken coated in that sweet, savory sauce but dont want to fry in oil! Youre going to love this super simple method using the air fryer!
Ive tested so many air fryer chicken recipes and this method is the best Ive ever made! I use potato starch to coat the chicken and spray with avocado oil spray, then double fry them in the air fryer for maximum crispiness! I hope you enjoy it!
Substitutions And Tips And Tricks For Recipe Success
- Make sure to get all the excess marinade off before searing the chicken otherwise, the bottom can burn.
- If you dont want to use heavy cream, you can swap out coconut milk or even light coconut milk.
- If youre really not into chicken thighs, you can use chicken breasts, but make sure you dont overcook them.
- Any kind of whole-milk plain yogurt will work, it doesnt matter if its regular or Greek.
- To add some sweetness and texture, I love to add in a handful of raisins and cashews. So yummy.
- When searing the chicken, dont try to flip it until it easily releases from the pan.
Don’t Miss: Marinade For Chicken Thighs Grilled
Tips For The Best Air Fried Chicken
Just like any air fryer recipe, there are a few things to keep in mind to make this the most perfect air-fried chicken ever. The most important thing to remember is to know your air fryer. There are so many out on the market now. Yours might be bigger or smaller than mine and so you can cook more or less. Your air fryer might also come with recommendations for cooking fried chicken. Itll be best to follow your manufacturers instructions.
Reheating The Air Fryer Chicken
You might think that its best to pop the air fryer chicken back in the air fryer for a few minutes to reheat it, but I dont recommend that, actually. You run the risk of burning the exterior of the fried chicken.
If you have leftovers and need to reheat them, a 300°F oven is your best friend. Heres what to do:
- Lay out the pieces on a baking sheet, and bake them in the oven until they are warmed through. This will keep the crust relatively crispy and heat the pieces evenly.
- Reheat for 8 to 10 minutes.
Don’t Miss: Baked Chicken Thighs And Legs
If You Haven’t Made Chicken Parmesan In An Air Fryer Yet Consider This Your Invitation To Get Started This Recipe Yields Crispy Juicy Chicken And Ultra
3tablespoonsextra-virgin olive oil, divided
2teaspoonsfinely chopped garlic
½teaspooncrushed red pepper
1 cantomato puree or sauce
1tablespoon,plus 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil, divided
2teaspoonschopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, divided, plus more for garnish
1 ½teaspoonschopped fresh oregano, divided
1teaspoonkosher salt, divided
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2-inch thickness
½cup all-purpose flour
1largeegg, lightly beaten
2 ½ouncesParmesan cheese, shredded , divided
4ouncesfresh mozzarella cheese, cut evenly into 4 slices
Whats The Best Chicken To Use
For my money and taste buds, nothing beats buying a whole chicken and cutting it up yourself. This way, you get some dark meat and some white meat. I also believe in using skin-on and bone-in chicken, which leads to more flavorful and juicier chicken.
That said, my family is not actually a huge fan of the same kind of fried chicken I like. They prefer simple chicken strips, so I did some of those, too, and they work really well.
Chicken strips cook faster than bone-in pieces, so you run the risk of overcooking them and drying them out. Be sure to check strips frequently until theyre just cooked through .
You May Like: How Long Do You Grill Chicken