What To Serve With Grilled Chicken Legs
We love pairing these healthy chicken legs with grilled vegetables. Its the perfect way to use up the random assortment of vegetables in your refrigerator!
Since we have vegetables and chicken on the grill why not pair these baked potatoes on the grill too. They will take a little longer than the chicken so start them first!
Another great healthy option is this delicious grilled corn salad thats packed with flavor!
Got a sweet tooth? Finish the perfect summer dinner with Lemon Blueberry Crisp!
How Long Do You Grill Chicken Legs At 350
Preheat the grill to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the chicken legs on the grill and baste with part of the BBQ marinade that has been set aside. 185-190 degrees F internal temperature should be reached after 30 minutes of grilling or until they achieve the desired temperature.
Should I Boil Drumsticks Before Grilling
Theres really no good reason to boil drumsticks before grilling.
The whole purpose of boiling drumsticks before grilling them would be to make sure they are cooked to a safe internal temperature. Weve already established that your chicken legs should be monitored and cooked to a minimum of 165 degrees Fahrenheit, so pre-boiling is unnecessary.
Read Also: Air Fryer Chicken Recipes Easy
How To Make Grilled Chicken Drumsticks
- Rub the chicken. Coat chicken drumsticks with a mixture of salt, brown sugar, chili powder, garlic powder or garlic granules, and smoked paprika. Let sit for at least 20 minutes or refrigerate overnight with the seasoning if you can for the best flavor.
- Start grilling without sauce. For the first 20 minutes of grilling time, grill without any sauce on the chicken. This will keep the sauce from burning.
- Baste with sauce toward the end. Brush the chicken with sauce every 5 minutes for the rest of the grilling time.
Chicken Marbella Finished On A Foreman Grill
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 TBS fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
Total time: 75 minPrep time: 15 min + marinating overnight Cook time: 60 min Serves: 4 people
1. In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, vinegar, prunes, olives, capers, bay leaves, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. Add the chicken legs and coat with the marinade. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
2. Take the chicken out of the refrigerator 60 minutes before baking. Preheat your oven to 350°F. Arrange the chicken in a single layer in one or two baking dishes or oven proof skillets. Pour the marinade over it evenly. Dust the chicken pieces with the brown sugar. Pour the wine around the edges of the dishes.
4. Place the chicken in the hot oven and cook for 45 to 60 minutes basting frequently with the pan juices. The chicken is finished when the internal temperature reaches 170°F and the juices run clear when pierced with a sharp knife or fork.
5. Take the chicken out of the oven and allow to rest until cool enough to handle. You can place some in the refrigerator to grill for another meal or continue on to the grilling step.
7. Place the grilled legs on a serving platter and spoon some of the warm pan juices over them. Sprinkle with the parsley just before serving. You can place the extra pan juices in a gravy boat that everyone can help themselves to.
You May Like: Temperature For Grilling Chicken Thighs
What Kind Of Chicken Legs Should I Buy
We always recommend going organic/all-natural and free-range when possible. Yes, they cost a little bit more, but I promise you the flavor and texture will make up for it! Plus, in general, chicken legs are one of the more inexpensive parts of the chicken , so going organic isnt actually that bad cost-wise.
Some of our favorite humane chicken brands include
This grilled chicken leg recipe calls for 1 lb. of chicken legs and you will likely get around 6 medium/large chicken legs per pound. As always, you can double or even triple this recipe easily by multiplying it by 2 or 3.
Time For Chicken Barbecue On Charcoal:
- The base safe inside temperature for grilling chicken leg pieces is 165 degrees Fahrenheit. There is a dissimilarity among got and done.. The pork is ensured at 145 degrees Fahrenheit. In any case, you sure will not require your pulled pork to be cooked to 145°. It could be unpleasant.
- In like manner, I estimate that it may even be underneath the secured most insignificant temperature since the pinkness disappears at approximately 155 degrees Fahrenheit.
Also Check: Cook Chicken Wings In Oven
How Do You Grill Chicken Without Burning It
5 Pro Tips for Grilled Chicken
Read Also: How To Barbecue Pork Chops On The Grill
How Long Does It Take To Grill Chicken Legs On A Gas Grill
You can cook chicken on a gas grill, or you will need to preheat the oven to 350° F. Add chicken to oven and bake for 20 minutes. Turn over and continue to cook until chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear. If you are using a charcoal grill instead of a wood fired grill try to keep the temperature between 350 and 400 degrees Fahrenheit. You do not want to burn your food. After cooking, let the meat rest for 10 minutes before carving. Serve with mashed potatoes, corn on top, green beans, baked sweet potato, rice, salad, soup, bread, fruit, ice cream, etc. This recipe is great for entertaining. Be sure to use a large bowl to hold the vegetables.
Don’t Miss: Josie’s Chicken And Seafood
How Long To Grill Whole Chicken
Grilling a whole chicken can take anywhere from 1 to 2 hours depending on the size of the bird, the quality of your grill, the temperature in your location, and how much fat is on your chicken.
A smaller bird will cook faster than a larger one. Its best to keep an eye on your chicken throughout the process just in case any issues could cause it to burn or overcook.
When grilling a whole chicken, the preferred temperature range for your grill is 200 to 300 °F. Its a slow cooking process that needs your patience but yields perfect results.
There are various tips and recommendations for grilling whole chickens, from laying it on its side to using a setup to keep it upright during the cooking process.
Always be sure to test the temperature of your chicken before serving it.
For a whole chicken, insert the thermometer all the way into the thickest part of the chicken. As an extra precaution, you can check different spots in the meat to make sure everything is fully cooked.
Can Spatchcocking a chicken reduce its cooking time?
Spatchcocking, a process that opens up the chicken at the spine and removes the backbone and rib cage, can lower the cooking time. Doing so reduces the thickness of the meat, allowing the heat to penetrate the inside and cook it more quickly.
How Long To Grill Chicken Legs
Grill chicken legs make solid increments to your eating regimen, as well, giving minerals and nutrients to your cells need to work. Simply make a point to eliminate the outer surface and lipid from the drumstick before grilling to limit your soaked fat admission. Fusing chicken drumsticks helps your mineral consumption, giving critical measures of vitamins and phosphorus.
Grilled chicken gets quite possibly the most consumable dishes in the world. Because of its templating taste and scrumptious flavours, everybody loves it. If you are out voyaging or in any family, amassing barbecuing chicken is the best dinner for all. Nevertheless, it is difficult for people to cook the specific chicken legs like a café because they have little data about the exact planning and temperature control. Here are a few standards about barbecuing chicken leg pieces.
BBQ Chicken legs are greatly barbecued on the BBQ hot and quick utilizing two-zone barbecuing. Theyre additionally insane simple to make! Just spot them on direct warmth till they arrive at an interior temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Treat them with your number one BBQ seasoning. At that point, migrate them to the backhanded side of the barbecue until the interior warmth arrives at 175 degrees Fahrenheit.
Read Also: How To Grill Chicken Wings
What You Need For The Chicken Marinade
Anytime you have a chance to marinate your chicken ahead of time for 2 to 4 hours, or even for just 30 minutes, do it! It makes a difference in infusing the chicken with flavor and in gently tenderizing it. And when your Mediterranean chicken marinade is made of harissa paste, loads of garlic, and a few spices, you just cant go wrong! Here is what you need for the marinade:
- Garlic – You need a whopping 15 cloves, peeled and roughly chopped. Dont worry about being too precise: The garlic gets tossed into the food processor along with the other marinade ingredients.
- Harissa paste – Made with chiles, garlic, bell peppers, and more, harissa is simply packed with flavor! You can either use homemade or quality store-bought harissa paste both will work very well!
- Herbs and spices – Warm nutmeg, tart sumac, and earthy dried thyme play up the Eastern Mediterranean vibes even more.
- Lime or lemon juice – Citrus is an important component of this marinade, because the acidity helps to tenderize the chicken legs.
- Extra virgin olive oil– Olive oil helps to transfer fat-soluble flavors into the chicken, as some flavors will not penetrate the meat without the aid of a cooking fat.
How To Grill Boiled Chicken
When ready to make the chicken, turn your grill on. With your parboiled chicken, you can then use vegetable oil to coat the sides and sprinkle a little salt for flavor. Then, you will need to place the chicken piece over the grill with the skin side down, and sear them for about 5 or 10 minutes, checking as they cook.
Don’t Miss: Best Grilled Chicken Recipes Ever
How Long Does It Take To Grill Chicken Leg Quarters
Depending on the size of your quarters, they take anywhere from 40-55 minutes to thoroughly cook on the grill. Always use a meat thermometer to check for proper temperature to avoid any risk of food poisoning. You want to aim for 165-170 degrees F.
You may still see some pink meat inside, but as long as your grilled chicken temp is right, youve got no reason to worry.
Recommended Reading: How To Convert Char Broil Grill To Natural Gas
How Long To Grill Chicken Leg Quarters
Since legs and thighs have the biggest bones, it takes longer to cook than the breasts or wings.
Youll want to grill whole chicken legs over indirect heat for 30 to 40 minutes, turning every 15 minutes. Finish over direct heat for about 10 minutes, 5 minutes per side.
Because of the dark meat and bones, you want to wait until the internal temperature is 180 °F to 190 °F before taking them off the grill. 165 °F is safe, but at 180 °F the meat tastes much better, and it will be tender.
You May Like: Bbq Chicken Breasts In Oven
How Long Do You Cook Chicken In A Grill
There seem to be as many opinions on how long to cook chicken in a grill as there are people. Some say that it only needs to be cooked for 3-5 minutes per side, while others claim that it should be grilled for upwards of 20 minutes per side.
The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle cooking chicken for too short of a time will result in dry and overcooked meat, while cooking it for too long will cause the bird to become burnt or charred. Ultimately, it all comes down to personal preference and what type of flavor youre looking for in your grilled chicken.
What Happens If The Chicken Is Undercooked
Properly cooked chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165 °F. If it doesnt reach this temperature, it will be unsafe for consumption.
Other meats can be cooked to varying donenesses according to different preferences, but chicken can never be cooked rare. Undercooked chicken carries the risk of salmonella infection. Its also unappetizing.
Also Check: How Do You Cook Pizza On The Grill
Read Also: Raw Chicken Good For Dogs
How Long Do You Cook Drumsticks On The Grill
When cooking chicken, its important not to watch the clock, but instead, to cook it to a safe internal temperature.
The safe internal temperature for chicken drumsticks is 165 degrees Fahrenheit. You can use an instant-read thermometer or a digital probe thermometer to check the chickens doneness, but you should always check the temperature to prevent yourself from getting sick, or worse, getting someone else sick.
A 400 degrees Fahrenheit grill can cook drumsticks in about 25 minutes. But just because its possible to cook them in under a half-hour, it doesnt mean you need to rush the process.
Chicken legs are a muscular dark meat portion. The meat is firm, flavorful, and packed with collagen. The collagen slowly starts melting and turning into gelatin at 160 degrees Fahrenheit and will continue to melt and add flavor until it hits an internal temperature of about 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
Another great thing about grilling chicken legs or other dark chicken meat is that its more forgiving to cook than the breast or white meat. Dark meat is not as susceptible to drying out over the dry heat of the grill. This is a good thing because when you cook it to be a bit more well done, it actually concentrates and intensifies the flavor of the meat, which makes it irresistible to some.
Why This Recipe Works
- This is one of my go-to easy dinner recipes that my kids love. They are so easy to make, they are off the grill in 30 minutes.
- They are an inexpensive recipe to make thats always a hit!
- Perfectly crispy skin! Dont forget to pat the legs to dry them before putting the rub on. This gets you that crispy skin.
You May Like: Best Hot Chicken In Nashville
How Do You Know When Wings Are Done On The Grill
The best way to know when chicken is finished cooking is by using an instant-read meat thermometer. Chicken wings should register 165° when theyre cooked through. If you dont have a thermometer, or youre having a hard time getting a proper reading with the wings a small amount of meat, cut into the chicken wing. The meat should be white and opaque, and the juices should run clear.
If youre geared up for more grill time, be sure to check out our best barbecue recipes!
How Do You Grill Chicken Legs Without Burning Them
One of the best ways to prevent burning is to make sure your meat doesnt stick to the surface of the grill. So make sure you brush the grill with oil or cooking spray before you heat it up. Its also a good idea to brush some oil on all sides of your chicken or soak it in an oil-based marinade before grilling.
Recommended Reading: Grilled Chicken Time And Temperature
Do Thickness And Weight Affect Cooking Time
If youre planning to grill an entire chicken, its important to understand that the thickness and weight of the bird will impact the cooking time. A large chicken will take longer than a small one.
Because of this, its essential to know the chickens weight and size in order to determine its cooking time.
A general rule is that it takes approximately 18 to 25 minutes per pound to cook a whole chicken.
Heat must penetrate all the layers of meat, the skin, and bones for a whole chicken to be cooked properly. This takes longer for thicker cuts of meat.
The distance from the heat will also affect how long it takes.
Cooking chicken on indirect heat will help it retain moisture, but also slow down cooking time. Be sure to know how long it will take to cook your particular chicken or cut of chicken before you start, so it doesnt take you by surprise.
How To Grill Chicken Breasts:
1. Preheat the grill on high for 10-15 minutes, then use your grill brush to scrape any previous remnants off your grates.
2. the fully thawed chicken breasts. A clean and easy way to marinate the chicken is to place it in a large plastic zip top bag, add your marinade and make sure your entire chicken breast is covered. In this particular instance, I used olive oil and added a few fresh basil leaves.
3. Here’s how long to grill chicken on a gas grill. Once you have preheated your grill for 10-15 minutes, prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium heat at 425-450°F and get your iGrill probes inserted into the chicken.
4. Place marinated chicken breasts on grill over direct medium heat.
Recommended Reading: Shredded Chicken Taco Crock Pot
How To Grill Drumsticks
Your ingredients are whatever you want them to be.
We like serving ours with asparagus, but you can serve them with any side you wish. Most importantly, whats the chicken drumstick grill time?
You can spice your drummies with salt and pepper, or get creative with garlic salt, cayenne pepper or one of our favorites, Stubbs Rub.
Lets get to it. How long do you grill chicken drumsticks? Whats a good internal temp of chicken drumsticks? How long to grill chicken legs?