Common Mistakes When Baking Chicken Drumsticks
One common mistake when baking chicken is not using a meat thermometer. This is a crucial step in the cooking process, as it helps to ensure that the chicken is cooked through. Without a meat thermometer, you run the risk of under or overcooking your chicken, which can lead to dry, tough meat.
Another mistake is not lining the baking sheet. This can cause the chicken to stick to the pan and make it difficult to remove. It can also lead to burning and charring on the bottom of the chicken. So, be sure to line your baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper before adding the chicken.
Finally, some people mistakenly believe that they need to cook chicken until it is no longer pink in the center. However, this is not the case. Chicken is safe to eat as long as it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. So, dont overcook your chicken in an attempt to make sure that it is cooked through.
Now that you know how long to bake chicken drumsticks at 400 degrees and how to avoid common mistakes, youre ready to make a delicious meal! Just remember to season the chicken, use a meat thermometer, and line your baking sheet before adding the chicken to the oven. Then, sit back and enjoy your perfectly baked chicken drumsticks!
How Long Do Drumsticks Take In Air Fryer
Cooking drumsticks in an air fryer is a quick and easy way to get a delicious, crispy, and healthy meal. Drumsticks only take a few minutes to cook in an air fryer, so they are perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner.
Because of their low-carbohydrate and keto-friendly ingredients, these low-calorie and low-cost Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks can be prepared and served in about 30 minutes. This chicken has extremely crisp and flavorful skin on the outside, as well as extremely tender and juicy meat on the inside. It is also true that all that fried mess stays in the pot is a great thing. These low-carbohydrate and keto-friendly Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks can be prepared in about 30 minutes. On the outside, the chicken has incredibly crispy and flavorful skin, as well as tender and juicy meat. It is best to store the leftovers in the freezer for up to three months. When the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165F, it is cooked. If you want your chicken to be crispy skin, and your drumsticks arent crisp enough, cook for another 5 minutes or until they are crispy. Joanna shares delicious, easy-to-prepare meals using simple everyday ingredients in her recipes.
How Long To Cook Chicken Legs In An Air Fryer
Chicken legs will take about 18-22 minutes to cook in the air fryer at 380° F. If you dont preheat the air fryer, they may take a few extra minutes to cook through.
- The best way to know when the chicken legs are done cooking is to test the internal temperature with a meat thermometer. Chicken should be cooked to at least 165° F in the center. Be sure that the thermometer does not touch the bone when you measure the temperature.
- You can actually cook these chicken legs past 165° F. The dark meat and bone will prevent them from drying out, and the skin will get extra crispy if you cook them a bit longer.
Don’t Miss: Easy Chicken Recipes With Few Ingredients
What To Serve With Bbq Chicken Drumsticks
This recipe is fabulous with classic BBQ sides like Sour Cream Cornbread and Baked Beans as well as my favorite Easy Rice Pilaf but Im sharing my favorite other dishes to serve with baked chicken legs as well:
- Easy Creamy Cucumber Salad
- The Best Easy Pasta Salad
- The Best Easy Potato Salad Recipe
- The Best Slow Cooker Baked Beans Recipe
- The Best Easy Coleslaw Just 4 Ingredients
- The Best Grilled Potatoes
- The Best Easy Deviled Eggs Recipe Ever
- The Best Grilled Corn on the Cob Recipe
Try Air Fryer Drumsticks
You are going to love being able to enjoy fried chicken without the fuss. Once you try air fryer chicken drumsticks, you will want to try chicken breast and chicken thighs.
The crispy skin really makes this recipe taste like the best fried chicken. Just remember to flip the chicken in the air fryer basket.
So the next time you are craving fried chicken, skip the grease and mess and make air fryer drumsticks for your family. It is sure to be a hit!
Read Also: Best Chicken Seasoning For Grilling
How To Cook Chicken Drumsticks: Frozen Thawed Or In An Air Frye
How long do you cook frozen sweet potatoes? The cook time is 80 to 85 minutes, or until their internal temperature reaches 180 degrees. How long does it take to cook fried chicken in an air fryer? You can air-fry them for 12 minutes at a temperature of 380 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, after flipping the burgers over, cook them for 6 to 10 minutes longer, or until cooked through. How long does it take to cook defrost chicken breasts in an air fryer? In the air fryer basket, sprinkle it with 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper. It is recommended that you air-fry it for at least 360 degrees Fahrenheit until its internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit. How do you thaw frozen chicken breast in an air fryer? Air-frying chicken that has yet to be frozen will not harm the skin.
Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks Recipe
Are you living a low carb / keto lifestyle? I have a growing collection of Air fryer chicken recipes and this recipe dear air fryer buddies is one you need to make .Be sure to check these Sticky Air fryer legs and BBQ Chicken drumsticks too.
Drumsticks and thighs are one of the best parts to use for air fryer fried chicken recipes because they tend to be juicier than chicken breasts and have lower chances of getting too dry.
Related: How to make Air fryer butterfly drumsticks, The best Air fryer chicken recipes
You May Like: Whats The Difference Between Chicken Stock And Chicken Broth
How Long Do Air Fryer Fried Chicken Legs Need To Cook For
It takes about 25 to 30 minutes to air fry chicken legs. However, the timing may vary depending on how thick and large the chicken pieces are.
To be sure, you can use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the chicken legs. It should have an internal temperature of 165°F. Be sure your thermometer isnt touching the chicken bones or youll get an inaccurate reading.
Variations For Chicken Drumsticks
The wonderful part about this air fryer recipe is that it is so customizable. Use different spices, sauces and make these chicken legs your own special legs. Just like these Air Fryer Chicken Wings, they will be just as awesome!
- Rubs: There are so many different spices you can use for these air fryer legs. Besides taco and ranch seasoning there are a whole bunch of varieties you can mix up. Chili powder, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme, ground mustard and celery seed just give you a few ideas.
- Sauces: The air fryer chicken legs dont need a sauce, but sometimes you just want a sauce. If you want to add a sauce to the chicken while it cooks like BBQ Sauce, wait to add it to the chicken till the last 2-3 minutes of cooking. Slather the chicken legs in BBQ sauce then finish cooking. Other sauces youll want to reserve for dipping. For instance Ranch dressing, Hot sauce, Cheese Sauce, YUM YUM Sauce, a honey mustard or your favorite Asian sauce all will work with these air fryer chicken legs.
- Store: These will keep for 4-5 days in the fridge and up to 3-4 months in the freezer. To reheat the chicken legs, let them thaw in the fridge and reheat in the microwave or for a few minutes in the air fryer.
Recommended Reading: How Long To Cook Chicken Thighs In Air Fryer
Why Youll Love This Recipe
- Quick and easy. The entire recipe takes less than 14 minutes to make.
- Chicken drumsticks OR legs. You can use chicken drumsticks or chicken legs interchangeably.
- Tender and juicy. A secret ingredient guarantee that the chicken turns out crispy on the outside and extra juicy in the middle.
- Healthy. Unlike fried chicken drumsticks or legs, these use barely any oil and have a fraction of the calories.
What I love about these chicken legs is just how perfect they turn out every single time. If you have ever been worried about overcooking or drying them out, dont be- These are super juicy and flavorful!
How Should You Prepare Chicken Drumsticks For The Air Fryer
I highly suggest doing a marinade for the chicken. I marinated our chicken for just about 30 minutes before seasoning it for the air fryer.
Any all-purpose marinade will work however, I prefer to use Head Country Marinade.
I coat the chicken with the marinade and after 15 minutes I rotate the chicken and coat the other side.
Right before placing the chicken in the air fryer, I use Head Country Original Seasoning to lightly season the chicken.
The flavor is fabulous, it honestly tastes like a rotisserie-style chicken once it comes out of the air fryer, maybe even better! This same method could be used on a whole fryer chicken too.
That means it takes me about 30 minutes to prepare the chicken and another 20 minutes to cook it.
Read Also: Marie Calender Chicken Pot Pie
Tips And Tricks For Making The Best Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks
- For really crispy skin, its a good idea to pat your chicken drumsticks dry with a paper towel before you coat them in the oil and spices. This removes any excess moisture and ensures your chicken cooks up with a crispy skin.
- Be sure to preheat your air fryer. Just l like your oven, you want to make sure your air fryer is hot and at temperature, which is 400 degrees F for the chicken legs.
- Dont overfill the air fryer otherwise your chicken legs wont cook evenly since the air wont be able to circulate fully. Check your air fryer manual for information about how much you should fill your particular model.
- Dont stack your chicken legs in the air fryer. Place them in a single layer so the skin is exposed. This will ensure your chicken drumsticks cook evenly and get that delicious crispy skin!
- Chicken is done when the internal temperate reaches 165 degrees F. I prefer to cook my chicken drumsticks to 180-190 degrees F so the meat is falling off of the bone. Also, cooking it to a higher temperature gets rid of the bloody spots around the bone.
This easy chicken drumstick recipe is just another reason to love your air fryer! I hope you give this recipe a try!
Can You Substitute The Chicken
- Can I use boneless skinless chicken? I dont recommend using boneless skinless chicken. The skin helps the coating stick to the chicken, creating that luscious crispy outside. Having the bone in also adds moisture and flavor. You can use boneless chicken, you might need to adjust the cooking time, but look for chicken with skin for the best results.
- Can I use Chicken Breasts? I like using chicken pieces that are closer to the same size for more even cooking. If you use bone-in skin-on chicken breasts youll have success by adjusting the time. Again check your fried chicken with a thermometer. Also cook them separately from the smaller pieces.
Don’t Miss: Kfc Nashville Hot Chicken Sandwich
What Are The Best Foods To Cook In An Air Fryer
These air fryer meals are crispy, decadent, and delicious, but never ever fried in oil. Air Fryer Sweet Chili Chicken Wings. Air Fryer Cauliflower Gnocchi. Crispy Air Fryer Fish Fillets. Air Fryer Wonton Mozzarella Sticks. Air Fryer Steak. Air Fryer Crab Cakes. Air Fryer Caramelized Bananas. Air Fryer Mac n Cheese Balls. 6
Best Damn Air Fryer Chicken Legs
· Last Modified: October 2, 2021
These air fryer chicken legs are seasoned with a simple blend of ingredients and cooked to absolute perfection. They are so juicy and have a crispy skin thats out of this world addicting! I get excited when I have a recipes come out as good as this one. The seasoning, the timing, the temperature, everything comes together and makes a meal that is so unbelievably good! My air fryer has been one of my most used kitchen appliances ever and recipes like this are the reason why.
Also Check: Bbq Chicken In Slow Cooker
Tips For The Best Air Fryer Chicken Legs
Follow these tips for the best air fryer chicken drumsticks:
- Pat the chicken skin dry. This ensures the chicken will get crispy.
- Push garlic butter underneath the skin. Its the key to juicy, flavorful chicken.
- Dont crowd the air fryer. Leave enough room in between the chicken to allow it to get crispy. Six drumsticks was a good number to fit in my air fryer comfortably.
- Use a meat thermometer. It ensures your meat is cooked perfectly.
Air Fryer Chicken Legs
Air fryer chicken legs are a delicious, healthier alternative to deep fried chicken legs. They are cooked in a fraction of the time and are just as crispy and juicy. Serve them with your favorite dipping sauce or as part of a meal.
It is tossed in olive oil, then a spice blend, before being cooked in these Chicken Drumsticks. It creates a delectable flavor and crisp skin. You can make this delicious casserole with them to share with your entire family. Set the air fryer to 400 degrees for 5 minutes. In a bag or bowl, toss the chicken legs with the spice mixture. If you need to cook chicken for an additional 10 minutes, flip it over and cook it for an additional 10 minutes. Julies recipes are designed to be simple to prepare and family-friendly, using pantry staples.
The food must be shaken in the air fryer basket just as you would in a regular oven. By doing so, you will be able to keep the food crisp.
Read Also: What Can I Make With Chicken Breast
More Air Fryer Recipes To Try
Looking for more healthy air fryer recipes? Be sure to read our guide for How to Use An Air Fryer and try the recipes below:
Calcium1%Iron6%Did you try this recipe?
I’d love to see! Just snap a photo and hashtag it #LIFEMADESWEETER or tag me @lifemadesweeter on
Free Low Carb / Keto Recipes E-Book!
Sign up now to get a FREE low carb / Keto-friendly recipe e-book, plus access to subscriber exclusives!
Thank you! Check your email for a confirmation link. Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email contacts so that you don’t miss it. Once you confirm, you’ll receive a link to download the printable!
How Long Does It Take To Cook Drumsticks In An Air Fryer
How much time do you take to cook a 50 pound chicken in an air fryer? Make sure the chicken is completely covered in the air fryer basket. Air fries can be done in the oven at a temperature of 380 F for 12 minutes. Then flip the chicken legs over and cook for 6-10 minutes, or until cooked to at least 165 F. How long does it take to cook a big chicken drumstick? For these baked chicken drumsticks, only a few minutes of preparation time and 45 minutes of baking time are required. These chicken legs will be baked at 425 degrees for about an hour. How long can you cook chicken using an air fryer? Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees Fahrenheit and season the frozen chicken breast with olive oil, season with salt, and bake for about 30 minutes. Spray the basket of the air fryer with non-stick spray to thoroughly coat it before cooking the chicken for about 18 to 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
You May Like: What Time Does Chick Fil Breakfast End
Our Favorite Way To Cook Drumsticks
While we love baked drumsticks, these are our new favorite!
- Drumsticks in the air fryer take way less time than the oven.
- They can be cooked with bbq sauce or just seasonings if youd prefer.
- Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, these are quick and easy.
- Clean up is quick and easy.
We love the way air fryers cook chicken! Whether you have a Ninja, a Corsori, or another brand, all air fryers work by circulating hot air around the food, letting the outside crisp up while sealing in all the juices. Also, the food isnt left cooking in the fat thats left behind. Its a win-win!
New to Air Frying? Check out our favorite Air Fryer here.
No Air Fryer? No Problem! We use this drumsticks recipe in the oven.
How To Make Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks
Pat the chicken drumsticks dry with a paper towel, then brush with a light coating of olive oil. Place the drumsticks in a large Ziploc bag.
In a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, paprika, salt, pepper, and onion powder. Shake the bag until the drumsticks are covered with the spice mixture.
Lightly spray the basket with cooking spray, or brush a light coating of olive oil over basket to prevent drumsticks from sticking.
Place the drumsticks in air fryer basket in a single layer, without overlapping or stacking. Air fry at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes. Flip chicken drumsticks halfway through the cooking time.
Once chicken has reached 165° degrees internal temperature, and has your desired crispness, remove from the air fryer and serve immediately.
Don’t Miss: Recipes With Chicken And Tomatoes