Creamy Italian Chicken Pasta Leftovers
If you have leftovers after making Italian Chicken Pasta, then it is your lucky day! They save and reheat well, and can make the start of another delicious dish.
To save leftovers, separate into meal sized portions and then place in an airtight container and store:
- in the refrigerator for 3-4 days
- in the freezer up to a month
The Best Chicken Parmesan
Chicken Parmesan should have, well, Parmesan. So, we not only topped ours with it, we added it to the crust for even more flavor and texture. For the coating, we prefer to start with plain breadcrumbs and enhance them with our favorite flavors. And our very simple, classic Italian-American tomato sauce has a bright and tomato-y flavor that cuts through the richness of the chicken and pasta.
Get the Recipe: The Best Chicken Parmesan
Italian Chicken Pasta The Easy Way
Nothing is a bigger win with my kids than pasta but it cant be mac n cheese all day everyday! This delicious Italian Chicken Pasta is both kid approved AND loaded with wholesome ingredients.
Even better? This Italian Chicken Pasta isnt just delicious, but also surprisingly quick and easy to make! All you need is 1 pot and 1 pan!
When something is kid-friendly, full of flavor, and easy to make well, we can that a WIN in our home!
Recommended Reading: Cooking Chicken Wings On The Grill
Chicken Teriyaki And Vegetable Bowtie Pasta
Already got dressed for your romantic dinner? Time for your dinner to get fancy-dressed as well with this bowtie pasta recipe. This recipe contains every ingredient youll ever need to bring a little bit of boldness and fanciness to your regular pasta, as its both spicy and colorful. Try it out and you wont be disappointed.
How To Make Creamy Italian Chicken Pasta
The original recipe calls for eggs, instead of cream. This pasta gets its creaminess from eggs. However, a lot of people arent comfortable with the idea of having undercooked eggs or eggs at all.
In that case, one can use heavy cream or cream cheese. It will, however, alter the taste a bit.
Read About: Olive Garden Fettuccine Alfredo Pasta Recipe
Recommended Reading: Chicken Salad Chick Johnson City Tn
How To Store Leftovers
Store leftovers of this chicken spinach pasta in the refrigerator in an airtight container up to 4 days.
Reheat the next day in the microwave or in a small saucepan/skillet with a few tablespoons of water to bring back creaminess.
I dont recommend to freeze pasta as it becomes mushy when thawed. If you okay with that, though, by all means freeze in an airtight container up to a few months. Thaw and reheat.
How Do You Make Italian Chicken Pasta:
Step 1. Cook the spaghetti to your liking, drain and set aside.
Step 2. In a Ziploc bag, combine ½ cup flour, 1 tsp. Salt ¼ tsp pepper, 1 tsp garlic powder and 2 tsp Italian seasoning. Shake to combine.
Step 3. Add the chicken to the Ziploc back and shake to coat well.
Step 4. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat on the stove and add the chicken. Saute until browned on each side and cooked through. Remove and set aside.
Step 5. To the skillet, add the butter and reduce the heat to medium.
Step 6. Mix in the onions and saute until softened.
Step 7. Add in the tomatoes and garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
Step 8. Sprinkle in the flour and stir to combine.
Step 9. Pour in the white cooking wine and saute for several minutes.
Step 10. Stir in the red pepper flakes and Italian seasoning.
Step 11. Whisk in the heavy whipping cream and parmesan cheese. Saute until the sauce thickens.
Step 12. Stir the cooked spaghetti into the sauce and add the chicken back into the skillet before serving.
Made this? Let us know how it went in the comments below!
Recommended Reading: White Chicken Enchiladas Cream Of Chicken Soup
When To Cook Pasta
Cook pasta after you make the sauce so that pasta is fresh. Besides, when pasta is hot it can absorb the sauce very well making it so very tasty.
If you like pasta that is neither too hard nor too soft, always cook it Al Dente. You will drain, but not rinse the pasta in order for the sauce to stick.
Drain, but do not rinse!
What Wine To Use
Cooking with wine is easy if you just know how and what wine to use. I used dry Pinot Grigio white wine to make my creamy chicken pasta, which produced an excellent flavor for the sauce.
When cooking with wine, never use cookingwine. Its loaded with sodium and lacks the unique flavor of the real wine. Cooking with a regular drinking wine will always give you a better tasting dish because the quality is much higher.
Chardonnay, Riesling or Pinot Grigio are also great wine choices to cook with. Italian chicken pasta dishes benefit greatly in flavor when the wine is added during the cooking process.
I love cooking with wine and have a large number of recipes on this website that are amazingly tasty and easy to make all thanks to wine. Using a good quality drinking wine is such an easy way to create a tasty creamy chicken pasta dish!
You May Like: Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe Best
Italian Chicken And Pasta Bake
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cans diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 3 cups chicken, cooked and chopped
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 package bow tie pasta, cooked according to package directions and kept warm
Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken
This 20-minute chicken dish needs just a handful of pantry basics.
Be sure to have the cream at room temperature, so it doesnt curdle on the heat, and dont be afraid to add extra garlic.
And remember: if parmesan cheese is the star of the dish, youll have to buy the real deal! None of that stinky powder in here, please.
Chicken strips arent exactly an Italian delicacy, but theyre a favorite in almost every household, so I had to include them on this list.
And youll use Italian seasonings and parmesan cheese, so I think it counts!
I like to dip the chicken in flour before coating it in eggs and breadcrumbs. It helps the egg to stick better, but its not essential.
Recommended Reading: The Best Grilled Chicken Wings
Tips For Making Italian Pasta Salad
Its important that you dont cook the rotini past al dente. The pasta will soak up the dressing as it sits in the fridge, and if you over cook it you run the risk of making soggy pasta salad.
Also, fresh basil is key to this recipe. You cant substitute dried herbs in this recipe the fresh basil really makes the flavors pop!
If youd like to make this Italian pasta salad vegetarian, you can use chickpeas instead of chicken. To be honest, I havent tried this myself. But I imagine this cold Italian pasta salad would still turn out delicious that way.
Spicy Chicken And Orzo Skillet
Dare we suggest something a bit different than your usual pasta recipes? We dare. It contains a spice blend called Zatar that originates from the Middle East and the Mediterranean. It greatly enriches your meals with flavor and proves that creativity in the kitchen will never cease.
Recommended Reading: Whats The Difference Between Chicken Stock And Chicken Broth
Assembly Of Creamy Chicken Pasta
- ADD COOKED PASTA to the skillet with the sauce and stir to combine on low heat for 2-4 minutes.
- ADJUST THE SEASONING! You should taste the sauce at this point and add more salt and seasoning if needed.
- RETURN COOKED CHICKEN BREASTS to the skillet on top of the pasta. Allow the skillet to warm up for an additional 5 minutes.
- SERVE CHICKEN either on top or next to pasta and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Chicken Pasta With Cheese And Broccoli
What is better than pasta shells? Pasta shells stuffed with chicken, broccoli, and melted cheddar cheese. Not too keen on broccoli? Dont worry, the rich flavors will be more than enough to disguise the taste of broccoli, and it serves as a perfect way to begin your experience with this vegetable.
Don’t Miss: Dutch Oven Recipes For Chicken
Instant Pot Creamy Ranch Chicken Pasta
The internet loves this ready-in-a-hurry dish but too many versions are overly soupy or have curdled sauces. Our version uses chicken thighs because they stay moist and tender we stir them into the cheese mixture after it is cooked to create a creamy, tangy mixture that is perfect over pasta.
Get the Recipe: Instant Pot Creamy Ranch Chicken Pasta
What You Will Need To Make Creamy Garlic Chicken Pasta
- Pasta: What I love about this garlic chicken pasta recipe is you can literally use any kind of pasta that you like. I typically alter my recipe, depending on what kind of pasta I found on sale.
- Chicken breast: I typically use boneless skinless chicken breast you could also use boneless skinless chicken thighs. Its entirely up to you, and whatever you prefer will be fine.
- Seasonings: Normally, I use a combination of garlic powder, Italian seasoning, paprika, salt, and pepper to add more flavor to this dish.
- Olive oil: You want a good quality olive oil to cook the chicken in.
- Butter: The butter helps cook the garlic and adds to the flavor.
- Garlic: For best results, use minced garlic. I stick around to four cloves for this recipe, but you could always add in more or less depending on what you like.
- Tomatoes: The tomatoes enhance the way the chicken pasta looks, but it also makes it taste extra hearty and delicious.
- Spinach: Spinach gives you a boost in vitamins and minerals. You can leave it out if you want to, but I love the flavor.
- Heavy cream: The real star of the show is the heavy cream! It gives this chicken pasta a creamy texture that is crave-worthy.
- Parmesan cheese: You cant really have an Italian dish without some Parmesan cheese, right?
You May Like: How Long To Cook Chicken Thighs Oven
Italian Chicken Pasta Recipe
Italian Chicken Pasta is a satisfying pasta recipe to whip up for dinner. You have tender pasta, juicy seasoned chicken, and veggies for nutrients and flavor. Try my creamy chicken pasta recipe today.
If you want more chicken recipes ideas, let me help. Slow Cooker Kung Pao Chicken, low carb queso chicken, or even this chicken foil packet.
Variations That You Can Make:
- Instead of linguine pasta try making it with any other pasta.
- For a vegetarian version try making it with tofu or Soya chunks.
- Use gluten-free pasta to make it gluten-free.
- Add any vegetables of your choice.
- You can add some cream to the tomato sauce& cook it for a minute then toss in the pasta. This will cut down the spice level.
You May Like: Easy Recipes For Chicken Salad
Sheet Pan Italian Chicken With Potatoes And Peppers
Nothing beats juicy chicken with comforting potatoes and colorful peppers. Not only does it look fantastic and taste terrific, but its super affordable to boot.
Remember to cut the potatoes small enough so theyll cook faster. If you have big chunks, the chicken will be dry before the potatoes are ready.
Osso Bucco is typically made with veal shanks, which are neither cheap nor readily available.
Luckily, the braising liquid of white wine, chicken stock, rosemary, and thyme works even better with chicken.
More Pasta Salad Recipes:
Easy Italian Chicken Pasta Salad EASY, ready in 30 minutes, perfect for a hassle-free family meal, and makes a big batch so you can have planned leftovers!! A super FLEXIBLE recipe based on what vegetables you have on hand!!
Skinny Pasta Salad with Italian Dressing EASY, ready in 30 minutes, feeds a crowd, and is on the SKINNY side!! Juicy chicken, fresh veggies, and the pasta are tossed in a light and tangy homemade Italian lemon vinaigrette!!
Chinese Chicken Pasta Salad Big juicy chicken chunks and texture galore from the rainbow of crispy veggies! Fast, easy, fresh and healthy! Great for picnics, potlucks, and easy dinners!
Originally posted August 10, 2015 and reposted June 3, 2022 with updated text.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
June 3, 2022//41
Recommended Reading: Recipes With Chicken And Tomatoes
Chicken Sausage Pepper And Onion Pasta Fake
A baked homemade meal always looks the best! But when you dont have time, Rachaels “fake-bake” will give you that lovely appearance in less than 25 minutes. The key is to cook everything in a skillet then assemble in a glass pan. It only needs 2 minutes in the oven to set.
Get the Recipe: Chicken Sausage, Pepper and Onion Pasta Fake-Bake
Ingredients To Make Spicy Italian Chicken Pasta
- Chicken I have used cooked shredded chicken. You can also chop the chicken breast in thin slices, stir-fry it with onions & garlic for 3-4 minutes & continue with the recipe.
- Olive oil Olive oil has great flavor & health benefits. You can substitute it with your regular cooking oil.
- Onion & garlic Gives a nice flavor to the pasta.
- Fresh Tomato puree Blend 4 tomatoes to make the puree. You can substitute it with canned tomatoes too.
- Flavoring Red pepper, black pepper powder, Italian seasoning & salt.
- Sauces Soy sauce, Sriracha or use any chili sauce.
- Vinegar Gives a slight tangy punch to the taste buds.
- Vegetables I have used green bell pepper & cabbage. You can add any vegetables of your choice.
- Linguine pasta You can use any pasta of your choice.
- Parmesan Cheese Serve the chicken pasta by topping it with freshly grated parmesan cheese. It gives an authentic Italian touch to the pasta. You can substitute it with cheddar or feta cheese.
For the detailed list of ingredients & their measurements, please check out the recipe card below.
You May Like: Roasting Chicken Thighs In Oven
How To Make Pasta Sauce
- First things first, melt butter in the pan, then add diced yellow onion and minced garlic cloves. Start cooking on medium high until onions and garlic are translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Next add chopped scallions and diced tomatoes and cook them until softened.
- Once you soften scallions and tomatoes, you will add flour to pan and whisk to combine. This will help thicken the sauce.
- Now add heavy cream, wine and seasonings!
- Lastly, bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce heat to simmering point.
Here Are More Crave Worthy Pasta Recipes
- Blackened Chicken Pasta | Chicken and pasta collide in this easy and satisfying dinner. Taste better than takeout and truly has minimal steps.
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta | If you enjoy ranch flavors try this pasta dish. Great for kids and adults. Plus minimal ingredients are needed.
- Sausage Tortellini Soup | Whip up a tortellini soup that comes together in no time. Great for busy weeknights, lazy dinner nights, and as a comforting soup to serve up.
- Instant Pot Spaghetti | Give this instant pot spaghetti a try. A quick and easy way to get that slow simmered flavor in a fraction of the time.
Recommended Reading: How Long Do You Cook Chicken On The Grill
How To Cook Chicken Breasts
- First and foremost, paper towel dry the chicken. Chicken breasts that are excessively moist wont brown evenly and beautifully.
- Then, in a large bowl, combine flour, salt, black pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning. I usually stir them well to blend and then use a fork or tongs to coat the chicken breasts in the flour mixture.
- Next, I add olive oil to a large skillet and set heat to medium-high. Once the skillet is hot, its time to place coated chicken breasts in the skillet and start cooking! Cook on medium high for 4 to 5 minutes on each side. Chickens will turn golden brown on both sides.
- IMPORTANT TIP! Make sure to turn thechicken only once between cooking! You will cook chicken breasts for a total of about 8-10 minutes. Turning only once. I repeat, turn the chicken just once.
How To Make Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta
You May Like: What’s General Tso’s Chicken