Can I Freeze Chicken In This Marinade
Yes! It works perfectly to freeze chicken in this marinade. Here are the steps.
Package. Place chicken into freezer-safe container and pour over the marinade. Make sure that all of the chicken is well coated. Remove as much air as possible as you seal the container. Label the container with the contents and date.
Freeze. Arrange in the freezer so that the container is as flat as possible. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Thaw. Remove from the freezer and thaw in the refrigerator overnight. After its thawed, then remove the chicken from the marinade and discard the marinade. Finally, cook the chicken according to your favorite chicken recipe.
How To Store And Reheat Leftovers
- Storage: store cooked grilled chicken in airtight containers in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
- Microwave: chop up or slice the chicken so it reheats more evenly then transfer a small portion to a microwave safe dish. Heat for one minute then at 30 second intervals as needed.
- Oven: transfer chicken to an oven-proof dish. Cover with foil and reheat at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes or just until warmed through.
How Long To Brine Chicken Breasts
All it takes is 30 minutes in a simple brine solution of 1/4 cup kosher salt dissolved in 4 cups water. This is all the time you need for the chicken breasts to absorb enough moisture so they can better hold up to the heat of the grill without drying out.
With a half an hour of brining, the salt that is absorbed isn’t so much that the chicken becomes salty, but it is enough so that the flavor of the grilled chicken will be enhanced. We would normally salt grilled chicken breasts, right? You don’t need to do that if you brine.
Recommended Reading: Cooking Chicken Wings In Oven
Thai Satay Chicken With Peanut Sauce
A satay coconut marinade infuses the chicken with flavour before cooking on the BBQ then served with the most UNBELIEVABLE Thai Peanut Sauce! Skewering is optional, the peanut sauce is not. This is a fairly new recipe thats quickly become a firm favourite among readers!
Ingredients: coconut milk, red curry paste, peanut butter, curry powder, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar
Ideal for: Boneless chicken thighs , bone in thighs
More Ways To Season Grilled Chicken Breast
Use this recipe as a jumping-off point for any of your favorite rubs and seasonings. In addition to the go-to chicken marinade Ive suggested in the recipe below, here are a few more ideas to get you started.
- Lemon Grilled Chicken Breast. Zest 1 additional lemon into your marinade. Finish the grilled chicken with an extra squeeze of lemon juice.
- Italian Grilled Chicken Breast. Season the chicken with Italian seasoning. Serve topped with a handful of grated Mozzarella or Parmesan cheese.
- BBQ Grilled Chicken Breast. Instead of marinating, brine the chicken by sprinkling it with kosher salt. Let sit in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Brush off the excess salt. Baste the chicken with Barbecue Sauce before and halfway through grilling. Serve with extra sauce for dipping.
- Buffalo Grilled Chicken Breast. Instead of brushing the chicken with BBQ sauce per the above, brush it with Buffalo sauce. Then use it to top this Buffalo Chicken Pizza.
- Teriyaki Chicken Breast. Create a marinade using 1/4 cup soy sauce, 3 tablespoons honey, 1 tablespoon rice vinegar, and 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil. Reserve 1/4 cup of the marinade to brush over the finished grilled chicken.
Don’t Miss: Chicken Thigh In Crock Pot
Is It Okay To Marinate Chicken For 2 Days
Most recipes for marinating meat and poultry recommend six hours up to 24 hours. It is safe to keep the food in the marinade longer, but after two days it is possible that the marinade can start to break down the fibers of the meat, causing it to become mushy. Do not save the used marinade.
What Is A Chicken Marinade
A chicken marinade is a combination of herbs, spices, oil, and other flavor add-ins that you use to flavor chicken with. Think of it like a sauce that infuses flavor into your meat.
Well, what about a chicken dry rub or chicken seasoning? Dry rubs typically flavor the outside of your meat, but a marinade is going to flavor the entire cut of chicken. Sometimes, we like to use a combination of both!
You May Like: Cambells Cream Of Chicken Soup
Southern Thai Tumeric Chicken
The lesser known but equally delicious Thai Tumeric Chicken! I was hunting for this recipe for years and years after I sampled it in Thailand.
Ingredients: garlic, fish sauce, oyster sauce, turmeric, fresh coriander/cilantro, sugar, pepper
Ideal for: Bone in thighs, also skinless boneless chicken thighs and chicken breast.
Best Chicken Marinade Recipe
For many years now I have been perfecting my chicken marinade recipe and its finally exactly what I want. I love this easy recipe because it quickly transforms an ordinary chicken breast into something extraordinarily delicious just in time for dinner.
It really is the BEST chicken marinade Ive ever had and Im confident youre going to love it as much as we do.
Recommended Reading: The Best Grilled Chicken Wings
Is Organic Chicken Better When Grilling Chicken Breast
When it comes to cooking chicken breasts, there is no difference between organic and non-organic chicken. Organic means that the birds are raised without pesticides, synthetic fertilizers, additives or animal by-products, and have access to the outdoors. But, it doesnt necessarily mean that the chicken is healthier for you, tastes better or will cook better. Heres more on how to read the labels on a pack of chicken.
The First Step To Juicy Chicken Breasts: Pound Them A Bit
The first thing you need to do to get juicy chicken is to flatten the chicken breasts out to an even thickness. If the chicken breast has a consistent thickness, it will cook more evenly. Note that this is a good idea no matter how youre cooking your chicken breasts. Ive recently done a series of little experiments and have found that this step makes a big difference when baking chicken breasts too.
Flattening the chicken breasts a little bit also means that they wont be on the heat for as long. When chicken breasts are their full thickness, it can take awhile for the heat to penetrate right to the middle. That means that by the time the inside of the chicken is fully-cooked, the outside has dried out. If your chicken breast is thinner because you flattened it a bit, then the outside doesnt dry out as badly by the time the inside is cooked.
Another perk of flattening the chicken breasts is that any brine or marinade you use will be able to penetrate the chicken more quickly. So putting in the bit of time to get the chicken even will actually result in less time needed overall.
Don’t Miss: Roast Chicken By Ina Garten
How To Make Ahead
- whisk the marinade together in an airtight container up to 5 days ahead of time and store in the refrigerator WITHOUT the chicken.
- Chicken: cooked grilled chicken makes fantastic meal prep or leftovers if not initially overcooked. If you are making the chicken specifically to reheat later then consider slightly under-cooking it because it will cook a little more when reheated.
The Days Of Dull Dry Chicken Are Over Learn How To Grill Chicken Breast For The Easiest Summer Dinner
If youve never experienced a dry chicken breast, Im truly jealous. Biting into a grilled chicken sandwich or protein-packed salad and tasting a dull, chalky chunk of chicken is just sad. Unfortunately, turning out tasteless poultry is a common problem, especially among new cooks. Chicken is a delicate protein that dries out fast. One minute too long on the heat can take the bird from tender and juicy to boring and blah.
But with a few simple tips from our Test Kitchen, you dont need to worry about making dry chicken again. Well show you how to grill chicken and keep it perfectly juicy and ready for salads, sandwiches and more. Learning how to make grilled chicken has never been so easy!
You May Like: Chicks In The Office Tour
Side Dishes For Chicken
Our favorite sides to serve with chicken include Potato Salad, Coleslaw, Macaroni Salad, Italian Pasta Salad and Biscuits. On the lighter side, we love this Corn Salad, Fruit Salad, Kale Avocado Salad, Tabouli and Quinoa Salad.
When its hot outside and you dont want to turn on your stove or oven, the Instant Pot is a great way to make an easy side dish. Try Instant Pot Corn on the Cob, Instant Pot Baked Beans or Instant Pot Potato Salad.
Quick Tips For Grilling Chicken Breasts:
How long do I grill chicken breast?
Grill chicken breasts for around 9 to 10 minutes total, flipping halfway through.
How long do you grill chicken on each side?
Grill chicken breasts around 5 minutes on each side.
Whats the perfect grilled chicken temp?
Internal temperature of chicken breasts should be 165°F.
How hot should your grill be for chicken?
Heat your grill to between 425 and 450°F for chicken breasts.
Read Also: What Weber Genesis Grill Do I Have
Read Also: Grilled Chicken Sandwich Mcdonald’s
Easy Chicken Breast Marinade
I keep chicken breasts on hand at all times because there is just SOO much you can do with a chicken breast
Having a good grilled chicken breast marinade on hand is essential if you live in a hot area like I do. Its a quick, no-brainer dinner option that we rely on several times each month.
Let me be clear, this is not to say that this marinade wont work on other cuts of chicken. It most certainly does and is insanely delicious so use what you have on hand.
One of our other favorite ways is to use this as a chicken thigh marinade or even drumsticks. It really will work for any piece of chicken.
How To Grill Chicken Breasts:
1. Preheat the grill on high for 10-15 minutes, then use your grill brush to scrape any previous remnants off your grates.
2. the fully thawed chicken breasts. A clean and easy way to marinate the chicken is to place it in a large plastic zip top bag, add your marinade and make sure your entire chicken breast is covered. In this particular instance, I used olive oil and added a few fresh basil leaves.
3. Here’s how long to grill chicken on a gas grill. Once you have preheated your grill for 10-15 minutes, prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium heat at 425-450°F and get your iGrill probes inserted into the chicken.
4. Place marinated chicken breasts on grill over direct medium heat.
Recommended Reading: Buffalo Chicken Dip No Blue Cheese
Quick Marinades That Make Boneless Chicken Breasts So Much Better
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts are a great go-to dinner option for so many reasons. Theyre cheap, easy to cook, and filled with lean protein. But, if were being honest, they arent always that tasty. Often theyre dry, rubbery, and lacking flavor.
One way to get around this? Marinades. Not only do they help tenderize chicken breasts and make sure they dont dry out, they also infuse the chicken with flavor and spice so its something youll actually look forward to eating.
From an herby pesto to a tangy yogurt marinade, we rounded up 15 of our favorite go-to marinades to make boneless, skinless chicken breasts taste amazing . Some of the recipes specify how to cook the chicken , but you can pretty much cook them however you like after theyre done marinading. And if you need a quick refresher on how to quickly cook chicken breasts, weve got you covered.
Variations On Grilled Chicken Marinade:
- Try an Asian-inspired version of this marinade by using hoisin sauce in place of the ketchup, soy sauce instead of balsamic vinegar, and sesame oil as a substitute for the olive oil. Sprinkle the finished grilled chicken with sesame seeds before serving.
- Love Tex-Mex? Make your own south-of-the-border marinade by substituting ¼ cup of lime juice for the balsamic vinegar and bottled chili sauce for the ketchup. Add ½ teaspoon ground cumin and a pinch of dried chili flakes to the marinade if desired.
- If your family is a fan of spicy flavors you can add your favorite hot sauce to the marinade. Begin with a small amount, tasting as you go, until the marinade has just the right amount of kick to it.
You May Like: Frozen Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
Best Grilled Chicken Breast
This is the BEST grilled chicken breast recipe! The chicken breasts are marinated in an easy to make wet rub using pantry staple spices then grilled until juicy and crazy delicious. With a few tips, learn how to grill chicken breast so it is juicy and delicious every time.
Lets give it up for easy and delicious grilled chicken breast recipes! This one is our all-time favorites and the one we make all summer long. The chicken breasts are flavorful and always juicy.
This recipe is really simple and the perfect recipe to keep in your back pocket for when you need to get dinner on the table quickly or you just dont feel like thinking about what to make for dinner. The answer is always these grilled chicken breasts. After you make them once, youll make them again and again.
Serve these with some grilled veggies and a big salad for a quick and delicious dinner.
Juicy Grilled Chicken Recipe Tips
- The balsamic and herb chicken marinade can be used to marinate bone-in and boneless chicken.
- If you marinate the chicken in the refrigerator, allow it to sit on the kitchen counter for about 20 minutes before grilling. The chicken will cook more evenly if its not chilled.
- Cook the chicken on medium-high heat until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit . A hotter grill may dried up the chicken while a lower temperature may result in pale unappealing chicken.
- Chicken is considered safe to eat when it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Are you wondering what to serve with grilled chicken? Here are a few side dishes we think youll love as much as we do!
Also Check: Sweet Chick Long Island City
Why You Want To Make This Grilled Chicken Breast
- This is the juiciest grilled chicken ever. truth!
- And tastiest. also true!
- The wet spice rub give it tons of flavor.
- Lean chicken breast is a healthy protein option. Learning how to cook them on the grill so they don’t dry out will make your dinners healthier and tastier.
- They are low-carb, gluten-free, paleo, and Whole30 compliant!
What To Serve With Grilled Chicken
Grilled chicken is a healthy, delicious main course to serve by itselfbut there are tons of ways to dress it up, too. You can put grilled chicken in just about anything: sliced on top of salads, stuffed into sandwiches, shredded for chicken soups or skewered on a kabob. Or top the dish off with a heaping pile of grilled veggies and youve got yourself dinner!
Read Also: Marie Calender Chicken Pot Pie
Tips For The Ultimate Chicken Marinade:
- Make sure you plan ahead because the longer this chicken marinates, the better it is. It needs at least three hours, but longer is even better. I always marinate mine overnight.
- If the chicken breasts Im using are super thick, I like to lay them between two sheets of wax paper and flatten them out just slightly. I use my rolling pin and either roll back and forth a few times on each chicken breast, using lots of pressure, or I will just gently pound each one a few times with the rolling pin. I try and make sure all mine are the same thickness so they all cook the same amount of time.
- This chicken is delicious cold! We dont heat up the leftovers, we just slice it and eat it cold. Its great thrown in salads or use it to make a sandwich or a burrito bowl.
- Because this marinade is so good, I like to take any extra marinade thats left after Ive basted the chicken and pour it into a pan. I bring it to a boil and let it boil for about 5 minutes and then we either drizzle more over the grilled chicken or use it as a dipping sauce.
- This marinade would also be delicious for marinating steak or pork.
- 3 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
Is It Ok To Bake Chicken In Its Marinade
After raw chicken has marinated in any kind of liquid, that liquid is no longer safe to consume. However, you can baste the chicken early on in the cooking process because that marinade will get cooked along with the chicken.
If you want to use marinade that has touched raw chicken, boil it vigorously for 1-2 full minutes in a separate pot. Use a clean basting brush or spoon to add it to the cooked chicken.
Read Also: 5 Brothers Chicken And Waffles