Spaghetti With Chicken And Tomatoes
Each summer, I plant every variety of tomatoes, including grape tomatoes. Grape tomatoes are always the first to grow and ripen. Since I usually wind up with more than I can eat in salads, I like to create new recipes with them. Adding them to pasta is one of my favorite ways to cook them. This is also a great way to use chicken breasts in a flavorful way. Some other recipes with grape tomatoes you make like are Spiralized Zucchini and Grape Tomatoes, Angel Hair Pasta with Zucchini and Tomatoes, and Sheet Pan Shrimp with Broccolini and Tomatoes.
This tomato basil chicken pasta recipe is bursting with flavor and is pretty easy to make. When you use in-season produce, you dont need many extra ingredients. The only ingredients in the sauce are the fresh tomatoes, sautéed with garlic and seasoned with salt and pepper. I top it with fresh basil at the end.
Chicken Fennel & Tomato Ragout
This chunky ragout can be teamed with anything you like, couscous, pasta, rice or a nice jacket, or just a nice chunk of bread
Quick and easy midweek chicken supper recipe, with just a little hint of spice
An easy midweek supper dish that’s low in fat but high in flavour
A great low-fat supper with a good source of vitamin C, counts as 1 of 5-a-day
A simple light casserole with cannellini beans, basil and green chilli served with gluten-free Parmesan cornmeal
A simple traybake that combines storecupboard pulses with chicken thighs, cumin and parsley
Kick Your Pasta Craving To The Curb
Creamy, tomato-y, cheesy meals are definitely our kryptonite. Usually, they come in the form of some sort of baked pasta dishbaked penne alla vodka or easy stuffed pasta shells, or regular old lasagna, were really not picky. But when were trying to keep things a little lighter and healthier, we turn to this creamy tomato chicken skillet dinner recipe! It truly takes barely 20 minutes to put togetherjust a single pan full of simple ingredients. Easy, healthy-ish, cheesy, kale-yits a real everyone-pleaser.
Don’t Miss: How Hot To Grill Chicken
Indian Tomato Chicken Curry
This one-pot chicken curry is a must-try for Indian food lovers. It comes together in 40 minutes and will make your whole house smell terrific.
Its only mildly spiced, so dont worry if heat isnt your thing. Unlike some curries, this one wont set your mouth on fire.
It will have you coming back for seconds, though.
Recipe Tips And Variations
- Yield: This Balsamic Chicken and Tomatoes creates four dinner-sized servings that including 6 ounces of chicken each.
- Storage: Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Sides to try: I prefer to pair this 30-minute chicken dinner with my best, biggest leafy green salad and a loaf of crusty bread to soak up every last drop of the sauce. Alternatively, skip the bread and serve this Balsamic Chicken and Tomatoes over a bed of buttery mashed potatoes, zucchini noodles, or grits.
Don’t Miss: Chicken Recipes For Picky Eaters
Baked Chicken Thighs With Cherry Tomatoes
I love one-pot baked dinners. You simply cannot beat them when it comes to convenience.
After all, youll merely pile everything onto a single pan and pop it in the oven. What could be simpler?!
The garlic and rosemary give the chicken a fabulous taste. Add the bright, garden-fresh tomatoes, and youve got a fast favorite.
Just a little forewarning, though: Making this for your family may result in them asking for it at least twice a week.
This slow-cooked chicken dish is similar to a very thick stew. To this day, my grandma still calls it goulash.
It features chicken, tomatoes, onions, garlic, and more.
If you want, you could eat it by itself like a stew. Serve it with some crumbly cornbread, and call it a meal.
However, I prefer to pour it over a bed of fluffy rice.
Just play around with it. Its mouth-wateringly delectable no matter how you eat it. The more you experiment, the more you get to eat!
Baked Greek Prawns With Tomatoes And Feta
This traditional Greek recipe disregards the notion that seafood and cheese dont mix, and it works beautifully, resulting in a harmonious balance of flavours. Though it can be made year round with tinned tomatoes, it is sensational with fresh sweet ripe ones, so best prepared in summer. Serve it as a main course with rice or potatoes, or in small portions as an appetiser, taverna-style.
: David Tanis
½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
680g large prawns, peeled and deveined
115g Greek feta cheese
2 tbsp roughly chopped mint
1. Put 4 tbsp olive oil in a wide frying pan over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 to 8 minutes. Lower heat as necessary to keep mixture from browning. Remove from heat while preparing tomatoes.
2. Fill a saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Add whole tomatoes and cook for about 2 minutes, until skins loosen. Immediately plunge tomatoes in a bowl of cold water to cool, then drain. With a paring knife, core tomatoes and slip off skins. Cut tomatoes into thick wedges.
3. Heat oven to 200C. Return pan to stove over medium-high heat. Add tomato wedges and season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring, until mixture is juicy and tomatoes have softened, about 10 minutes. Transfer mixture to a shallow earthenware baking dish.
You May Like: Chicken Salad Chick Johnson City Tn
How To Make It
See recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
To start, season the chicken and dredge it in flour, then sear it in a skillet. This creates a beautiful golden crust on the outside of the chicken and leaves a ton of flavor, on the bottom of the pan, which is deglazed with white wine.
To make the creamy tomato sauce, add butter and garlic to the wine reduction.
Stir in flour and tomato paste, then add chicken broth, chicken bouillon, honey, onion powder, oregano, and mustard powder.
Bring to a gentle boil and let it reduce for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Stir in half and half, cream cheese, and Parmesan cheese.
Add the chicken back to the skillet along with diced tomatoes. Spoon the sauce on top, cover partially and let it heat through for 5 minutes. Garnish with parsley or basil and serve!
Harissa Chicken Thighs With Olives And Tomatoes
This meal takes a bit of time to prepare and cook. Even so, its well worth it because of its phenomenal taste and heartiness.
The harissa paste gives the chicken a flavorful and spicy kick. Additionally, the olives and tomatoes add a touch of salty sweetness.
This dish is sure to please both adults and kids alike.
And dont worry, it isnt super spicy. Itll make your mouth tingle but wont set it on fire.
This one-pan meal is Greek food at its finest. Its also incredibly healthy, thanks to the tomatoes, lentils, and lean chicken.
Its a thick, filling meal, but its a bit heavier than most people realize.
Finally, the combination of tangy feta and earthy garlic is exceptional. Youll want to savor every single bite.
Recommended Reading: How Long To Cook Chicken Thighs Oven
Are Cherry Tomatoes And Grape Tomatoes The Same
Cherry and grape tomatoes are similar bite-sized tomatoes, but they do have their differences. Grape tomatoes are oval like a grape with a thicker skin than cherry tomatoes. Cherry tomatoes are rounder like a cherry, juicier, and sweeter. You can easily switch out the grape tomatoes with cherry tomatoes if thats what you have. Tomatoes are the best in the summer, so theyll both be delicious in this chicken pasta.
How To Make This Tomato Sauce And Chicken Dinner:
Sear your chicken using my quick method. Rub the oil right on the chicken rather than pour excess oil into the pan. Much less splatter and less fat in the pan.
The trick to perfectly seared chicken is to NOT TOUCH IT until it is ready. It will tell you when its time, chicken is so smart. If you try to turn it and it sticks.. its not ready. Pretty simple. Once you try this technique you will never go back to adding oil directly to the pan.
Remove the chicken after searing. It will not be completely cooked but will continue its journey in the tomato sauce.
Now add a tablespoon of olive oil into the skillet to saute your onion and garlic. Add your tomato puree and roasted red tomatoes and bring to a simmer.
Once your tomato sauce has been simmering for a bit, add your Italian herbs, salt ,pepper and that bit of cream. Taste for seasoning! Salt? Pepper? It will vary based on how much salt your canned tomatoes haveso tasting is the only way!
Place your seared partially cooked chicken back in the skillet to finish cooking. Chicken is perfect at 165 degrees. If you dont have a digital thermometer put it on your list of must haves! Its cheap and cheerful and will help you from overcooking all chicken, steak and fish.
We like to serve this with a side of spaghetti or rice and a simple side salad.
We have been making this dish for years and have yet to get tired of it!
Great add-ins are chopped carrot, peppers and roasted red peppers.
Don’t Miss: How To Season Grilled Chicken
Easy Mozzarella Chicken In Tomato Sauce
Versatile and healthy chicken breasts get a light and fresh Italian finish in this easy pan-seared dish. The chicken breasts are cooked to perfection, layered in a sauce of fresh onions, garlic, and tomatoes cooked gently in butter, and then topped with sumptuous melted mozzarella! Bellissimo!
Whenever I make this easy chicken dinner, it is a win-win situation. I dont have to spend too much time in the kitchen, and my family devours their dinner. Is there anything better? Maybe an elf magically making dinner appear on the table. Otherwise, I think not.
Recipes With Chicken And Tomatoes
If youre looking for a simple dinner to make with ingredients you may already have on hand, youve come to the right place. Chicken and tomatoes make the perfect pair in these recipes. Weve rounded up our best chicken ideas with fresh, canned, or sun-dried tomatoes: From chicken breasts smothered in homemade red sauce to chicken pastas and quesadillas with bursts of fresh flavor, youre going to want to bookmark this collection of our best tomato chicken recipes youll come back to it again and again.
Read Also: Tyson Buffalo Chicken Strips Air Fryer
Simple Ingredients In Skillet Tomato Chicken
The chicken is moist and juicy, a handful of capers and splash of red wine vinegar provide acidity and pop, garlic and parsley add freshness, and a small drizzle of honey adds just the right amount of sweetness to balance the dish and help the tomatoes caramelize.
And oh, the cherry tomatoes! They are my very favorite part of the tomato chicken recipe.
Fresh tomatoes in all sizes, colors, and shapes are one of summers most precious gifts.
I could not imagine a better way to celebrate them and land dinner on the table in a timely fashion than with todays Garlic Chicken and Tomatoes recipe.
PSA: If you love fresh tomatoes the way I do, use them to make my Italian Farro Salad. So good!
I used a tri-color selection of cherry and grape tomatoes, but feel free to swap whatever looks best at the store or is most ripe from your garden.
How To Make This Chicken Caprese Skillet
This delicious Caprese Chicken-inspired recipe comes together in just 25 minutes!
Don’t Miss: 5 Brothers Chicken And Waffles
Why Make This For Dinner Tonight
MADE IN ONE PAN One-pan meals are some of our favorite dinners during the week. Like Thai Chicken and CabbageSkillet and Chicken and Quinoa in Mustard Sauce.
Both are easy, quick, and basic. Now were adding this creamy tomato chicken recipe to the rotation. Made in one pan for easy cleanup!
QUICK & SIMPLE INGREDIENTS Its an incredibly easy recipe with simple ingredients. Perfect for a cozy weeknight dinner.
Its made with chicken thighs, onions, garlic, spices, fresh spinach, canned tomatoes, and butter. Theres no doubt that tomatoes and butter are the star of this recipe.
Both transform into a velvety, thick, slightly sweet sauce. I mean this stuff is so good. Then when you add some spices, fresh herbs, and bright spinach, you basically get the most perfect meal ever.
ENDLESS SERVING OPTIONS I honestly love this chicken with crusty bread, especially when dipped into the sauce with a side of Kale Caesar Salad.
It also serves amazing over just about anything that can soak up some of those glorious juices. Like pasta, rice, roasted veggies, cauliflower mash, spaghetti squash, and puréed root vegetables.
MAKES GREAT LEFTOVERS Who doesnt love leftovers? I know I do and this chicken with spinach and tomatoes is the ultimate meal to keep in the fridge to enjoy over a few days or you can easily freeze it to enjoy later.
The leftover chicken will last up to 3 days when stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Or it can be frozen for up to 3 months.
What Side Dishes Should I Serve
This one pan chicken and tomatoes is so versatile, it will go with so many of the favorite side dishes.
- Roasted asparagus A simple and healthy side dish, serve with a squeeze of lemon and enjoy.
- Roasted sweet potatoes Crispy outside and tender inside, they make the perfect easy side.
- Roasted cauliflower with Parmesan cheese A great way to keep this meal low carb and Parmesan pairs so well with all the ingredients.
Don’t Miss: Temperature For Grilled Chicken Breasts
Baked Chicken Thighs In A Hurry
This baked chicken dish is made for busy days. It takes all of 10 minutes of hands-on time and 45 minutes in the oven.
Cherry tomatoes can still easily be found at the market, or in your garden in many parts of the country. A few cloves of garlic, a couple sprigs of rosemary, some balsamic, salt, and chicken thighs are all you’ll need.
Whats So Great About This Pasta Salad
Im so glad you asked.
- Orzo: When was the last time you had this rice-shaped pasta? If its been a while, Id encourage you to pick up a box to remind yourself how good it is. Its tender and toothsome and is the perfect size for pasta salads because it doesnt compete with the mix-ins like some other pasta shapes can.
- Roasted mix-ins: For a sweet, deep flavor, I roast tomatoes, pineapple, and shallots in the oven until theyre tender and slightly charred in spots. These caramelized flavors are the low notes in this salad, giving it some depth and character. If you dont feel like turning on the oven, you can also grill everything in a cast iron skillet on the grill.
- Fresh mix-ins: For freshness, color, and crunch, I called on cucumbers, parsley, and chives. These mix-ins make sure every bite of this salad is fun, which will keep you coming back for more.
- Feta: Briny, salty feta adds creaminess and some tangy high notes to the pasta party. For this salad, I like medium-size crumbles so they have some presence in the salad.
- Lemon-tahini dressing: Weve got tender pasta, sweet roasted stuff, crunchy fresh stuff, and creamy cheese. Thats already a delicious combo, but to bring all of those elements together I toss it all in a bright, nutty lemon-tahini dressing.
Also Check: Recipes For Chicken Breast Pan Fried
Tools For This Recipe
- 3 Quart Stainless Steel Sauté Pan This is the skillet pictured in this recipe.
- Meat Tenderizer This makes the meat much more tender.
- 8-inch Chefs Knife This is the one I have, I love it.
- Cutting Boards- I love having assorted sizes.
- Better Than Bouillon This is what I always use for broth in my recipes. It takes very little space and makes it easy to measure out customized amounts of broth.
Looking For More Tomato Basil Recipes
- 1.33lbs.boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 20oz.canned San Marzano tomatoes
Like this Recipe? Try our Meal Plans!
- Weekly Meal Plans
Pound or slice the chicken horizontally into 1 inch thick pieces. This will ensure they cook uniformly. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and oregano on both sides.
Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 3-5 minutes per side or until browned and cooked through. Remove and set aside.
Add the garlic to the pan and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant but not burning. Add the tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Turn heat down to low and let simmer for 15 minutes, breaking the tomatoes up with a wooden spoon if desired.
Add the butter and basil. Stir until butter melts. Add the chicken and cook 1-2 minutes while coating with the sauce. Season with salt and pepper if needed. Serve immediately.
You May Like: Recipe For Roast Chicken In Oven