How To Freeze Chicken And Vegetables
- You can freeze the chicken and veggies meal prep bowls for up to 3 months. Place the cooked chicken breast and vegetables into an airtight container and then place into the freezer.
- To reheat the dinner its best if you can thaw it overnight in the refrigerator. Then warm it up in the microwave or place the chicken and vegetables in a skillet over medium heat until hot.
Seasoning Sheet Pan Chicken And Vegetables
For this recipe we used balsamic vinegar, garlic, and Italian seasoning as the star to season the chicken.
Once cooked, the juices from the chicken spreads out on the bottom of the pan and the vegetables become seasoned as well.
But feel free to use whatever seasonings that you have on hand. Some other of our favorites include Garlic-Herb, Smoked Paprika, and even Montreal Chicken seasoning.
Balsamic roasted chicken sliced and ready to be served.
Just switching up the seasoning will make you feel like you are eating a brand new recipe each and every time!
If you are looking to roast a whole chicken check out our Perfectly Roasted Whole Chicken Recipe.
How To Make Healthy Sheet Pan Teriyaki Chicken And Vegetables
Start by preheating your oven to 425F. Chop the vegetables and arrange them with the chicken breast on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Spray the vegetables with olive oil spray, and season with a pinch of kosher salt and pepper.
In the meantime, make your homemade teriyaki sauce. Mince the ginger root and garlic. Combine the maple syrup, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger, and garlic in a small saucepan. Combine the cornstarch with 1 tbsp of water to form a slurry, and add it to the other ingredients. Then, add 1/2 cup of water. Whisk to combine the ingredients, and simmer over medium heat until the sauce begins to bubble and thicken . Finally, set aside. The sauce should be thick, syrupy, and shiny.
Add 1/3 cup of the finished sauce on top of the vegetables, and add another 1/3 cup on top of the chicken breast. Toss so that the vegetables and chicken are coated in the sauce. Then, roast the vegetables and chicken for 25 minutes or until cooked through.
Remove the sheet pan from the oven. Put the oven on broil. Cut slits into the chicken breast, and add more teriyaki sauce on top of the chicken breasts so that it falls into the cuts that you made. Broil for a couple of minutes to make the chicken breasts golden and to caramelize the sauce.
Garnish with sesame seeds and chopped scallions. Serve with the remaining teriyaki sauce for dipping.
Also Check: White Chicken Enchiladas Cream Of Chicken Soup
How To Make Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs
1 Preheat Your Oven: This meal cooks at a high temperature so make sure everything roasts all the way through. Make sure your oven is pre-heated to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease a sheet pan with cooking oil. I like using avocado oil as it can handle higher temperatures.
2 Prep Your Chicken: Pat dry chicken thighs and trim any excess skin. Brush with cooking oil of your choice and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder or your favorite seasoning blend.
3 Prep Your Vegetables: Chop your sweet potato, onion and broccoli into pieces that are roughly the same size. This will help them cook evenly. If you are using broccoli, make sure the florets are large in order to make sure they dont burn as smaller cuts of less sturdy veggies will cook faster. After chopping everything, toss with oil and seasoning until fully coated.
4 Arrange Sheet Pan: Arrange your chicken thighs on the greased sheet pan first making sure there is at least an inch in between them. Spread them out all over the sheet pan so that the juices from cooking evenly distribute and help flavor the vegetables. Arrange vegetables around the chicken thighs evenly. Try not to overcrowd one area. It may look like things wont fit, but everything will shrink once its cooked.
Why Youll Love This Sheet Pan Chicken Dinner
- Its super easy to throw together on days when youre in a rush or you just dont feel like making a big deal about dinner.
- Everything gets cooked on one sheet pan which makes clean up a breeze.
- Its delicious the way it is but can be completely customized to your liking, from the chicken, the veggies, and the seasonings!
- You can easily double the recipe by using 2 sheet pans, especially if youre wanting leftovers or more for meal prep.
- Prep this dish ahead and have it ready to pop in the oven when its time to eat!
Also Check: Low Carb Chicken Crockpot Recipes
How To Make Sheet Pan Chicken And Potatoes:
To make this sheet pan chicken and potatoes meal:
Sheet Pan Chicken And Vegetables
When I first made this recipe, Jim had no idea what I meant by sheet pan chicken and vegetables when he asked me what we were having for dinner.
He knew that I made them both in the oven, but he automatically assumed that they were cooked separately and most likely in two different casserole dishes.
Chicken and vegetables all on one pan and ready to go in the oven.
I had to explain to him that I didnt use a deep 2 or 3 quart casserole dish for the chicken nor the vegetables. In fact, I had used just one pan for the entire meal.
And that was a sheet pan!
By using a large rimmed baking sheet, you can spread both your chicken and vegetables out so that they cook perfectly. No burnt veggies on top and no under-done veggies in the middle.
If you have chicken leg quarters or bone in chicken pieces, please follow this Sheet Pan Chicken and Vegetables recipe.
Everything is spread out evenly so it is all cooked and ready to eat at the same time.
But there are a few tips to make sure that everything is cooked exactly right.
Don’t Miss: Marinate Chicken For Stir Fry
Easy One Pan Weeknight Dinner
This sheet pan Roasted Chicken with Root Vegetables is destined to become a go-to weeknight meal and I just cant get enough of it!
The flavors are so delicious and well balanced, plus this meal is breeze to throw together. And of course I really love the fact that its cooked in one pan. Cleaning dishes just aint my thang.
Greek Sheet Pan Chicken
Greek sheet pan chicken is an all-in-one meal with succulent chicken thighs nestled around vibrant, caramelized vegetables. Just give it a pop in the oven and youve got one heck of a dinner ready to serve!
Let me just start by saying this is one of my all-time favorite sheet pan recipes. Its the ultimate combination of vibrant summer vegetables and juicy, golden chicken thighs. But the best part is that everything is doused in the best Greek flavors. And Im talking oregano, thyme, garlic, zesty lemon, and of course, pops of olives and feta cheese.
Its snappy to make and the clean-up is minimal, which makes it an ideal weeknight dinner idea. Trust me, when youve got a chicken recipe as easy and flavorful as this, its sure to become a part of your regular dinner rotation!
Also Check: The Best Chicken Fajita Recipe
What Cut Of Chicken Is Best
I prefer using chicken thighs for this recipe because they remain super moist when cooked and have more flavour than breasts. If using chicken thighs with the bone in, I would recommend increasing the cook time by 10 minutes and using a meat thermometer to ensure they have an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. If using chicken breasts you may have to cook them for 5 minutes longer if they are larger in size.
Tips For Perfect Sheet Pan Chicken & Veggies
- Use an Instant Read Thermometer:Youll know this dish is done when the internal temperature of your chicken registers at 165F.
- Coat Well with Marinade: When you add the marinade to your chicken and vegetables, be sure to coat them completely. This will ensure that your meal is packed with flavor in every bite.
- Broil for Extra Char: If you want your chicken and veggies to develop a nice char, switch your oven to broil for the last couple minutes of baking.
Also Check: How Long To Fry Chicken
Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs With Roasted Vegetables
This Sheet Pan Chicken Thigh Dinner is easy to make with just a few healthy ingredients. By taking chicken thighs, sweet potatoes, other veggies and a simple seasoning, youre able to make the best sheet pan dinner recipe that is budget friendly and high in protein and nutrients.
- 6Chicken Thighsbone-in & skin on
- 1Large Red Oniondiced
- 1lbSweet Potatoespeeled and diced
- 2cupsBroccoli Floretscut large
- 2tbspAvocado Oildivided
- OR 2 tbsp Seasoning Blend
How To Make This Greek Sheet Pan Chicken
Once youve got all your veggies chopped up, the rest comes easy! First, preheat the oven to 425°F , then get your thighs prepped for marinating.
- Greek chicken marinade
- Let the chicken thighs marinate for 10-15 minutes
- Make the marinade. Whisk together the oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, thyme, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Place the chicken thighs in a bowl and pour of the marinade on top. Use your hands to toss the chicken until its well coated. Then let it sit for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Spread vegetables out on a sheet pan
- Nestle the Greek chicken in the vegetables
- Prep the vegetables. Spread the zucchini, bell pepper, red onion, and tomatoes onto the baking sheet, drizzle the remaining marinade on top, and toss it all together.
- Bake time. Place the chicken thighs onto the baking sheet, in between the veggies, and bake for 30 minutes.
- Add in the good stuff. Remove the baking sheet from the oven, sprinkle the olives and feta cheese on top, then place it back in the oven for another 10 to 15 minutes, or until the chicken is golden and cooked through.
- Garnish and serve. As always, a sprinkle of chopped parsley makes everything look and taste better!
Also Check: Chicken Salad Chick Fancy Nancy Chicken Salad
Serving Rainbow Sheet Pan Chicken And Vegetables
Once the sheet pan chicken and vegetables are roasted, you can use them in a variety of ways to stretch the meal even further. Here are a few ideas:
- Rice or Quinoa. Mix with brown rice or quinoa top with an extra squeeze of lemon and handful of Parmesan.
- Pasta. Mix with whole wheat pasta noodles and top with your favorite pasta sauce. Both red sauce and pesto would be scrumptious! For a lighter twist, try it with Pasta al Limone.
- Salad. Toss with arugula for a bright green salad. Drizzle with a bit of extra olive oil and lemon juice to make a quick dressing.
- Keep it simple. this recipe works well as a standalone one-pan meat + vegetable dinner.
How To Make Sheet Pan Chicken And Veggies
Don’t Miss: Dino’s Chicken And Burger
Sheet Pan Balsamic Chicken And Veggies
This Paleo Sheet Pan Balsamic Chicken and Veggies recipe is a delicious weeknight dinner! Done in under 30 minutes, healthy, gluten free & so easy to make! This baked balsamic chicken and potatoes will without a doubt become a favorite it your house!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about affiliate links. This post was originally shared in December of 2017 but has since been updated.
Theres literally nothing we love more than SHEET PAN DINNERS. They are truly the best. Easy clean up and totally delicious theyre my kinda meal!
This balsamic chicken + veggie dinner is one of our most popular recipes, and for good reason! Its made with simple pantry staples and comes together in just about 30 minutes.
Chicken, potatoes, and veggies all get baked together on the same pan for a delicious meal!
As much as I love making more in depth dishes with different flavors, and more detailed processes.. sometimes I like to throw everything in a pan, bake it in the oven, and call it a day.
This is why I make this baked balsamic chicken and veggies ALL the time.
This super easy recipe is great if youre Whole30, paleo, or just looking for a yummy healthy dinner. Let me show you just how easy it is to make!
P.S. If you love easy sheet pan dinners, check out these 25 Healthy Sheet Pan Dinners! Need more ideas for dinner? Check out these 40+ Healthy Dinner Recipes.
Sheet Pan Chicken Drumsticks Dinner
Dinner isnt any easier when creating a sheet pan dinner. Dinner cooks all at once on one baking sheet and it makes minimal mess and cleanup! Not only that, but by preparing a sheet pan dinner, theres a nice balance of meat and vegetables for your family to enjoy!
To make cleanup even easier for sheet pan meals, I always use parchment paper-linedbaking sheets. The parchment paper peels away from the baking sheet and leaves little to no messes behind. It saves time scrubbing away any leftover oils or sauces.
RELATED:Sheet Pan Bourbon Pork Tenderloin
Also Check: Best Fried Chicken In Nashville
Simple Sheet Pan Chicken Dinners
Carl Hanson is a Senior Editor at Allrecipes who has been writing about food and wine for nearly 20 years. He enjoys creating content that informs, entertains, and assists busy home cooks get nourishing meals on the table for their families.
We cannot get enough of these sheet-pan suppers: Simple preparations, complete meals cooked on one sheet for easy clean-ups, they save the day on busy weeknights. These top-rated sheet-pan recipes get the job done with chicken in the starring role, ably accompanied by the kind of tasty vegetables that chicken loves best: potatoes, broccoli, peppers, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, green beans, and more.
This easy sheet-pan dinner features herb-roasted vegetables and boneless, skinless chicken breasts. “Baked EXTRA CRISPY Parmesan chicken and veggiesdinner made on one pan and packed with flavor!” says chpmnk42.
Browned Italian sausage and chicken thighs with sweet peppers, red onions, and Yukon Gold potatoes are doused in olive oil and tossed with dried herbs before hitting a very hot oven. Chef John says, “You’ll need a large, heavy-duty roasting pan and a very hot oven for this delicious dish. The long oven time makes everything beautifully caramelized and the chicken fork tender.” Meanwhile, ccok4fun raves about it: “This recipe is amazing! I highly recommend watching the video. Next time I’ll use more veggies & potatoes because they are just delicious!”
Tips For Cooking Chicken In The Oven:
- Let your oven pre-heat to 400 degrees F. If you dont wait until your oven if fully heated, your chicken could turn out un-evenly cooked!
- Lightly grease your sheet-pan so your veggies & chicken dont stick.
- Thoroughly toss your chicken in the bowl with olive oil and seasonings to ensure a nice and even coating.
- Let your chicken and veggies bake in the oven for 30 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
When you pull your sheet-pan dish out of the oven, allow your delicious meal to rest and cool for just a few minutes before serving!
Read Also: How Much Are Mcdonalds Chicken Nuggets
One Pan Roasted Chicken And Vegetables
The best part of a sheet pan chicken supper only 1 pan to wash and if you line it with parchment paper, its a snap. I use parchment paper for everything. It keeps food from sticking to the trays and makes scrubbing up the sheet pan so much easier.
Use this recipe as a basic jumping off point. If your family doesnt like certain veggies, change them out. This is a suggestion and its what I had in my fridge. It changes quite literally every time I make this.
One week, it could be broccoli and Brussels sprouts and the next I might only have a few root vegetables. The proteins change as well try shrimp or a beautiful piece of salmon or cod in place of chicken, just remember to adjust cooking times.
Recipe Tips And Notes
- Be sure to fully preheat the oven for best results.
- Swap out the veggies as needed, and use whatever you have on hand.
- Make sure you give the potatoes and chicken the extra time in the oven before adding the veggies, so that they cook all the way through.
- For an extra kick of garlic, place garlic gloves in the pan with the chicken and vegetables to roast.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container, in the fridge, up to 3 days.
- To freeze, let food cool completely, place in freezer-safe containers, and freeze up to 2 months.
Recommended Reading: Chicken Breast Dinner Ideas For Family