How To Make Slow Cooker White Bean Chicken Chili
Begin my placing minced garlic, chopped onion and chopped, seeded jalapeÃ±o in the bottom of your slow cooker.
Place boneless, skinless chicken breast right on top of the vegetables in the slow cooker. There is no need to pan sear them or chop ahead of time, they will cook and shred perfectly in the slow cooker. Top the chicken with the spices.
Then add in the salsa verde and the canned green chilies, you do not have to drain or do any other prep work. Just dump them right on top of the chicken.
Youre almost done! Add the white beans and the chicken broth. Stick a lid on that baby and let it simmer all day! This really is the perfect dump and go meal.
When I came home, I pulled the chicken out of the crock pot and shredded it with a fork. Really, I kind of just poked at it a because it is so tender it just falls apart.
Then, I added the chicken back into the slow cooker, squeezed a whole lime over the top and a sprinkle of seasoned salt. I let it simmer another 30 minutes or so.
Instant Pot Crack Chicken Chili
The Chunky Chef12/09/2020
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This ultra creamy Crack Chicken Chili is made in about 30 minutes in the Instant Pot. Made with shredded chicken, beans, cheese, ranch seasoning and plenty of spice, its the perfect weeknight dinner recipe the whole family will LOVE!
This Instant Pot Crack Chicken Chili is the perfect comfort food! Recipes like my Instant Pot Sesame Chicken and Instant Pot Sausage Tortellini Soup are great for when you want an ultra-comforting family meal thats ready incredibly fast. This is one of my Pressure Cooker recipes youll definitely want in your recipe box!
CRACK CHICKEN CHILI RECIPE
If theres any one type of recipe that you guys really seem to love, its bowls of delicious comfort food! And you know what, Im right there with you.
Theres nothing better than curling up on the couch with a good movie, a fuzzy blanket, and wrapping your hands around a big bowl of steaming hot chili, getting ready to dig in with a spoon.
While I love a good traditional chili, I find myself drawn to the chicken chilis. My regular Creamy White Chicken Chili has become a true reader favorite, and is super popular at parties, potlucks and even chili cook-offs!
I know some of you may be balking at the name of this recipe crack chicken chili. Believe me, Im not a huge fan of the name either.
So whatever you want to call it, this chili is flat-out delicious, and Im sure once you try it, youll agree!
Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala
The Chunky Chef10/02/2019
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This slow cooker chicken tikka masala is the homemade version youve been dreaming of bold and richly flavored, yet SO easy to make! Imagine coming home to the mouthwatering smell of this classic curry simmering away, ready to electrify your tastebuds!
Looking for other recipes made simpler by the slow cooker? Be sure to check out my Crockpot Meatloaf, Crockpot Mashed Potatoes, Slow Cooker Apple Butter, and Crockpot Spaghetti Casserole!
CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA
Theres nothing better than knowing that dinner is taken care of. You dont have to stand over a hot stove for 30 minutes or more, and you still get to eat a home-cooked meal!
Slow cookers are truly one of my favorite things walking in the house and having the smell of this delicious curry hit you its an amazing feeling.
Serve this chicken tikka masala with some basmati rice and naan bread for a perfect Indian meal at home!
Also Check: Hello Fresh Italian Chicken Over Lemony Spaghetti
Simple Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
This Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili recipe is my moms, and one that I requested often as a child. She never used to make it in a crockpot, but it was easy enough to convert. Its always been special to me, but right now it feels extra special because its the first time Ive cooked in over a week. It feels so great to be back in the kitchen doing my day-to-day routine.
Last week I flew to Columbus, Ohio for Thanksgiving, and it was action-packed. I flew in on actual Thanksgiving morning, went straight to my Moms-side of the familys Thanksgiving, and then drove to my Dads-side of the familys Thanksgiving. After about 7:30 PM my body was begging for sweet sleep and one hell of a turkey coma. We stayed in an Air BnB near Ohio States campus, and stayed up way to late each night drinking wine and catching up,
Anyways, back to Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili. So simple, but so perfect on these late fall days that get chilly and dark way too early. This is so me wrapped up in a giant furry blanket on the couch watching Gilmore Girls, and slurping from a piping hot, cheesy, creamy, steamy bowl of goodness.
On another note, its my last day of class for the semester. I get a full month off before the spring semester starts, and HALLELUJAH. What should I do with all this new-found free time? Work out? No Cook more and become one with the couch blankets? Now were getting somewhere
How Spicy Is It
As written, this dish isnt too spicy for my little kids, all currently 8 and under, though you could definitely up the ante by adding more fresh jalapenos into the mix, topping your bowl with fresh or pickled jalapeno slices, adding a dash or 17 of green Tabasco sauce, or topping each bowl with shredded Pepper Jack cheese.
Also Check: White Chicken Chili Recipe Easy
How To Thicken White Chicken Chili
My secret to rich and thick white chicken chili is to blend part of the beans with an immersion blender prior to serving
If you dont have an immersion blender, you can place a few ladlefuls in a food processor or blender .
- Chicken Stock. To better control the seasoning, I always opt for reduced-sodium chicken stock for soup and chili recipes .
Premaking Storing And Reheating White Chicken Chili
- Freezer meal You can make this recipe into a freezer meal by placing raw ingredients into a freezer ziplock bag, freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw and cook when you are ready. Keep the cilantro and sour cream seperate and add that after cooking when shedding the chicken.
- Storing This recipe after cooking doesnt freeze well for the cream will seperate after being thawed. Though, it will last 3 days in the fridge in an airtight container.
- Reheating The best way to reheat this is on a pan on the stove top, dont over cook or the sour cream may seperate. Or you can cook in the microwave, but again dont overheat!
Read Also: Mcdonalds Crispy Chicken Sandwich Price
Ingredients For White Bean Chicken Chili
This is just a quick overview of the ingredients that you’ll need for a batch of crockpot chicken chili. As always, specific measurements and complete cooking instructions are included in the printable recipe box at the bottom of the post.
- Chicken: either boneless, skinless chicken breast or chicken thighs will work, so pick your favorite.
- Chicken broth: start with a small amount, and then add extra at the end to reach the desired consistency.
- Rotel diced tomatoes with green chilies: add a little bit of “kick” to the chili.
- Corn: for a hint of natural sweetness that bulks up the meal.
- White beans: I like navy beans in this recipe, but cannellini beans, Great Northern beans, or even pinto beans will all work.
- Dry Ranch Seasoning Mix: a packet of this dry seasoning blend adds bright, flavorful herbs and spices to the dish.
- Chili powder, cumin, and onion powder: classic chili seasoning for a warm, zesty pot.
- Cream cheese: adding a block of cream cheese at the end gives the broth a creamy, cheesy taste and a rich, smooth texture.
How To Make Crockpot Chicken Chili
There’s no prep work involved, so you can throw all of the ingredients into your slow cooker on the way out the door in the morning and come home later to a warm pot of tender creamy white chicken chili in a perfectly-seasoned, not-too-spicy broth.
You May Like: How Long Do You Cook Chicken On The Grill
Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili With Bacon
This is the ultimate white chicken chili recipe! Made in your slow cooker, this white chicken chili with bacon is comforting, creamy, and packed with flavor. A real winner!
I love my slow cooker. There, I said it. It makes my life easy. Its convenient. And I can make so many delicious things in it, like this white chicken chili recipe. Cozy and satisfying, this white chicken chili is a true comfort food.
This recipe was adapted from my friends champion chili recipe and is not your average white chicken chili. The secret? Ranch seasoning and bacon!
How To Thicken White Chicken Chili In A Slow Cooker
There’s nothing worse than a watered-down, soupy pot of chili! Instead, the best chili has a thick, rich consistency that you can scoop with chips. That’s why we only add a little bit of chicken broth to start. It seems like it won’t be enough, but a lot of condensation falls back down into the Crock Pot, thinning the chili as it cooks. Have some extra broth on hand, though — you might want to loosen it up at the end if it’s still too thick.
Read Also: Chicken Recipes For Picky Eaters
Can I Make This Recipe Vegetarian Or Vegan
Absolutely! And it is so easy to modify this recipe to be vegetarian friendly and vegan friendly.
To make this recipe vegetarian, simply replace the chicken thighs with a plant based protein alternative. Jackfruit works very well in this recipe because it shreds in a similar way as chicken does. You can also replace the chicken with more beans. Whether you choose to double the cannellini beans or add a different kind of bean, you cant go wrong!
You will also want to use a vegetable based broth or vegetable stock in place of chicken broth. You can use water, but we like the extra flavor that comes from cooking this together in broth.
To make this recipe vegan, make both of the replacements mentioned above and remove the sour cream from the recipe. It really is THAT simple to adjust this recipe to accommodate those dietary preferences.
How To Make Freezer To Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
This crockpot chicken chili recipe can be made as a freezer meal for an even quicker dinner! You can prep the ingredients and freeze before cooking. Youll put everything except for the broth and corn in a heavy duty zip-top plastic bag and freeze flat. Full freezer meal instructions are in the recipe card below.
When you are ready to cook the chili, thaw and transfer the bag contents to your slow cooker. Its so easy, and you will have a home cooked dinner for almost no effort!
I use these freezer bag holders when I prep my freezer meals. They arent necessary, but now that Ive tried them I cant believe how much faster and easier they make the process of preparing freezer meals!
Don’t Miss: Temperature For Grilled Chicken Breasts
Cooking Tips And Faqs For Chicken Chili
How can I make this spicy?
In place of the fire-roasted chiles, use a diced jalapeno. Add a few shakes of hot sauce to your personal bowl.
What can I use instead of sour cream?
One block of cream cheese add at the end, place in soup, and let melt for a few minutes. Stir into chili.Cream of chicken soup One can of cream of chicken soup, add at the beginning of the recipe.Skip it! Leave out the creamy part of this recipe if you want a healthier chili.
Can I make this in an instant pot?
Yes, this is an easy recipe to convert to an instant pot. Seal the lid on the instant pot. Move the valve to the sealing position. Cook on manual pressure for 20 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally. Shred the chicken and add the sour cream and cilantro after the cooking time is complete. .
Can I use raw boneless turkey breast?
You can use a turkey breast if desired. In fact, it will make for a wonderfully flavored chili!
Can I use a rotisserie chicken or leftover turkey?
Yes, you can if you have it on hand. Cut into cubes and add to the recipe. However, the chicken or turkey wont be as moist as when using fresh raw chicken.
How can I thicken chicken chili?
Add two tablespoons of cornstarch to two tablespoons of water. Add to the cooked chili and cook for 10 minutes longer.
Want to make more magic in your crockpot? Stay up to date and subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on , , , Tik Tok, and .
Pork Rib Chili With Corn Bread
Don’t be intimidated by the long list of ingredients. This slow cooker chili recipe is well worth your time. Allow your chili to simmer all day, then add the corn bread batter directly on top of your chili to create the perfect side dish pairing.
Test Kitchen Tip: If you’re in a hurry, go ahead and skip roasting the peppers and garlic. Simply add them along with the rest of the ingredients.
Read Also: Big Boss Spicy Fried Chicken
More Chili Recipes To Try
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours, or on HIGH for 3-4 hours.
- Remove the chicken and shred with two forks or chop. Return the chicken to the slow cooker and give everything a good stir.
- Add the cream cheese to the slow cooker, stir, cover, and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until the cream cheese melts and incorporates into the broth. At this point, stir in additional broth, as necessary, to thin the chili and reach your desired consistency.
- Serve with optional toppings, chips, or cornbread!
Cooking Tips For Chicken Tikka Masala
- Take the time to sear I know its a pain, and its an extra step or two, but searing both the chicken and the onion/pepper mixture adds SO much flavor!
- Use fresh spices some of these spices may have been ones youve kept in the cabinet for a loooonnnggg time, but spices becomes less potent and flavorful over time, so use fresh spices for this recipe if possible.
- Temper the yogurt if you add the yogurt to the hot sauce in the slow cooker, it may curdle, so its best to temper the yogurt by whisking some of the sauce into the yogurt, then mixing the yogurt into the slow cooker.
Don’t Miss: Safe Cooked Temperature For Chicken
Creamy Crockpot White Chicken Chili
The Chunky Chef01/08/2020
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
There are so many varieties of chili out there, but this creamy white chicken chili will soon be your favorite! In fact, many readers have written in to say this chili won 1st place in their chili contests! Just dump everything in your slow cooker and let it do the hard work for you!
Recipes like my Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala and Crockpot Meatloaf are great for when you want a family pleasing meal with minimal effort. We love cooking in the crockpot, and this is one of my Slow Cooker Recipes youll definitely want in your recipe box!
WHITE CHICKEN CHILI RECIPE
We have officially entered chili season!! Until now, our hands-down favorite has always been my Turkey Chili.
While it still holds a special place at our dinner table, this creamy white chicken chili has taken the top spot. Its so deliciously savory with just the right amount of spice! Plus, its almost effortless since it cooks in your slow cooker!
Tips For Making The Best White Bean Chicken Chili
- Since the jalapeÃ±o is seeded it does not have a lot of spice. However, you can use 1/2 of a chopped green bell pepper in place if you are sensitive to jalapeÃ±os.
- Trim the chicken breasts of any excess fat before placing them in the slow cooker.
- I prefer making this chicken chili verde in my Crockpot so I can set it and forget it. However, if you dont have a Crockpot you can easily make this recipe on the stovetop over low heat .
Recommended Reading: Recipe For Whole Grilled Chicken
Overview: How To Make This Crockpot Chicken Chili Recipe